Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Feature request] Detach Facebook from Spotify

[Feature request] Detach Facebook from Spotify

Hello. Unfortunately I've chosen to create a new Spotify account with my Facebook account, which is not what I really wanted to do.

Now the only thing I can do is to close the Spotify account and open another one (without Facebook), BUT I have an active subscription, a lot of playlist and a useful music history to be used for Spotify Discover, so I don't want to close my Spotify account.

I'm just asking developers to create a way to detach an existing Spotify account from Facebook. I mean, literally.

I don't want tampon solutions like "disable all notifies" and stuff like that.

Thanks,

a paying customer.

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It is not possible to disconnect an account created using Facebook from Facebook due to the way Spotify maps playlists to usernames, meaning usernames can't be changed. Its summarised quite nicely by Rorey on my ideas topic which requested exactly what you are asking for here.

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to assist you in migrating over to a new non-Facebook account, including copying your playlists and subscription over for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is what I need to do. Detach from Facebook. I had to cancel Facebook and now I can't get to my premium account. I would be fine for them to move it to a different email if that's what it takes. Waiting for an answer. Man they don't make it easy to get help. I had to create a new account just to post hear or use the support form. Have tried twitter as well. Otherwise I guess I have to cancel from my bank!  MAN!

@mseanb88 - Someone should definitely get back to you via email if you have replied to the automated email and the Twitter team are normally good at answering everyone.

Peter

Yes they handled everything for me this morning. Thanks for following up. Was beginning to think I was just sol.

thanks again,

Glad to hear it! 🙂

Peter

Suggested posts