Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I would like the option to request not to listen to certain ads that disturb me.

I would like the option to request not to listen to certain ads that disturb me.

I'm not talking about those dull, tirelessly long ads for country music and country singers. I don't mind those, they just stay in the background. However, I'm not good with scary movies, or trailers for them. To hear that playing in my ears, without warning or choice, freaks me out. It, frankly, disturbs me. I can't mute or set it at a low volume, because then it pauses altogether; I can only take my earphones off and wait for the ad to play out. It annoys the crap out of me when I have to listen to the same ad for a scary movie over and over, simply because it's a marketing technique and the movie's supposed to be a blockbuster when it comes out. It's just downright disturbing; it doesn't make me want to see it, it doesn't make me want to use Spotify, either. McDonald's ads, I can listen to. Insurance company ads, sure. It's not out of banal dislike that I won't listen to a trailer for The Quiet Ones, it's because it scares me to the point where I'm restless and jumpy.

1 Reply

Hi. There's a request for some way to filte ads here. Please add your support.

Suggested posts