Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing followers/following/playlists/starred items

Missing followers/following/playlists/starred items

I confess that I'm a bit confused and might have multiple accounts floating around, but have only ever used one with any sort of dedication. I was sure that this was associated with my Facebook, as it featured my profile picture icon, however, when I had to re-install Spotify on my newly reformatted computer, I was unable to log in to any account that had all of my followers, following, playlists, and starred items... I tried many different email addresses, including the one currently attached to my Facebook. I'm now logged onto an account that displays my Facebook profile picture, but no luck recovering anything. I have starred items, but they appear to be songs that I liked a long time ago and perhaps on an old account. I found a friend of mine on Facebook who I know followed me-- when I click my name from her account, I can see all my playlists and previous followers, so I know that account must exist somewhere....

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Best thing to do is to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to track down that account for you and help you get back to your proper profile. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you, Peter, I'll give that a try!

I have the same problem happening. I linked my account through facebook but it shows I have a completely different email address. One that I haven't used in about 3-5 years. I can follow myself and get my playlists that way but I can't add songs or do anything with those. It really ticks me off. I hope they find out why this is happening.

If you have got in touch using the form above a member of the team will definitely be able to get that sorted for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts