Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium does not work in more than one computer

Spotify premium does not work in more than one computer

I monthly pay for Spotify premium. But I'm disappointed to notify that it works exclusively in one computer. When I try to sing in with my wife's computer advertisements are still bothering. Should it be like this? Does one have to pay many Spotify premiums in order to be able to sing in on various computers? And in a case that one account is not open simultaneously on two computers? 

And another question about play lists: How can I have my playlists accessible on several computers? If I'm going to a party and want to play my music I do not always have my computer with me.  

best regards,   Joonas Maristo

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You are free to sign into your Spotify premium account on as many computers as you like, so if you are getting advertisements it sounds like you aren't logging in using the correct details (its easy to have two accounts). Double check your online account if you aren't sure if you are on premium or not. 

However be aware you can only ever stream on one computer similtaneously, which is a restriction put in place due to the personal licensing of Spotify, meaning you and your wife should actually have seperate accounts if you want to listen at the same time.

As for your playlists, as long as those playlists are made up of tracks from the Spotify catalogue, and not local files which you have imported into your Spotify (which will be mp3's or other music files on your hard drive) you can sign in/share that playlist and play those tracks from Spotify anywhere. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts