Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to find or enable Duo Mix on Spotify Premium Duo

Not able to find or enable Duo Mix on Spotify Premium Duo

Plan - Premium Duo

Country - UK

Devices - iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8

My wife and I have both used Spotify premium for years, but this week we switched to the Premium Duo plan. Since switching, though, we haven’t been able to find the Duo Mix playlist on either of our phone apps (yes even after logging out and reinstalling). When we look at the instructions for enabling the duo mix, it says to go to your account page, but neither of us have anything about that playlist listed on our account page (I’ve included screenshots here). What am I missing? Does anyone know what can be done to enable the duo mix playlist?

5CC166C5-C5AD-4A39-9C65-9106DB4EBE71.jpeg

552AF792-8A10-480D-96DB-349C88EB2A2F.jpeg

Top Answer
Kiril

Hey again @amuston!

We've just received more info regarding this.

At Spotify, we’re always testing new features to ensure our users have the best possible listening experience – that means introducing new ones, and occasionally, removing old ones. As such, we have decided to phase out our Duo Mix and Family Mix features to focus on Blend, which offers users a similar experience with expanded capabilities, including an unlimited number of playlists and up to 10 different participants on each.

More information about Blend can be found here and we'll also be happy to help you out start using Blend, so just post here, should you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

11 Replies

Hey there @amuston,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

Could you confirm if your wife is able to just search for "Duo Mix" in the app and find the playlist? If not then please send us a short video of what is happening on your end, so we can investigate things deeper and give you a better advice.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey again @amuston!

We've just received more info regarding this.

At Spotify, we’re always testing new features to ensure our users have the best possible listening experience – that means introducing new ones, and occasionally, removing old ones. As such, we have decided to phase out our Duo Mix and Family Mix features to focus on Blend, which offers users a similar experience with expanded capabilities, including an unlimited number of playlists and up to 10 different participants on each.

More information about Blend can be found here and we'll also be happy to help you out start using Blend, so just post here, should you have any questions.

Cheers 🙂

Kiril Moderator

I am not able to find the blend playlists that I create

IMG_F831D4D84E0B-1.jpeg

Hey @wo1v,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Looking at your screenshot, we can see taht you're at the right place to create and find your Blend playlists. After your invited friends accept the link you've sent, then the Blends should start appearing next to the green square. The recipient of your link need to click on Join first and then both of you should see and be able to listen to the Blend playlist that will be created. For more information on how Blend works, you can consult this article here.  

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

@kiril Even after creating blend the playlist won't appear

Hi @wo1v,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Can you confirm if the other person is able to find the Blend playlist on their own account? 

Also, you can search for Blends writing on the search bar "your username" + "the other person's username". Are you able to find it this way? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Yes My friend is able to see the blend in Made for you sections.

when I search I am able to see only the blend which I have liked. Not all the blends created are visible 

Right Now to access blends I have to manually use the link to access it and then either like it so that it appears on my profile/search or just use the link to access the blend everytime

this is how my friends see it in their account 

1B2DB547-371D-4986-8C01-DF6738BFAD73.jpeg

Hey @wo1v,

Can you let us know if you can see the Blend playlists that you've created in the app on other devices like Desktop or the Web player.

On Desktop, hit the Search bar > search for Blend > You should see only the Blends that you've created and another user has joined.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

The blends are not visible on any of my devices or web player

Hey @wo1v,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Could you use the links of the blend playlist to access them and then leave them with the steps mentioned here? After that, try to create a new blend from your device to check if it shows on the section.

If the issue continues, would you mind sending us screenshots from the app and Web Player in the Made for you section where blends are supposed to populate?

If possible, try to create a new free account and try the blend feature with your main account.

We’ll be on the lookout for your next response.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts