NEXT STEP

Spotify premium

Spotify premium

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I've been enjoying spotify premium account on the android app and had made a payment for a year. However today i had to reset my password online and when i logged into the account, i could see that the account in on a free plan. I have been downloading, listening songs offline on the app without any disruptions. Today i installed my spotify on windows 10 with the same account. Not sure why this is happening though.

3 Replies

Hey @nitishpai20, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know what your subscription status says here? If it says Free, follow these steps and attach a screenshot of your Receipts page. Make sure to hide sensitive information when you’re posting to the Community.

If it says Premium, try logging out > restart device > log back in in the Spotify app and let me know if you’re able to use your Premium features, such as no ads, unlimited skips.

Let me know how this goes.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @nitishpai20 and @Billy-J

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Just jumping in to add a little to what @Billy-J already suggested. Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have created a Premium as well as a free account.

If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. Check out the steps described here to make sure you're logging in to the correct Spotify account. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Hey there Ivan and @Billy-J! Thanks for reaching out.

I did logout and log back in. However the issue still persists. I also checked my receipts, but unfortunately I couldn't find any receipts here. The thing is I had made a payment on 02/20/2020. Without the receipt in here, the only record I have is a receipt from Google pay and an SMS confirmation from Spotify indicating a successful payment. 

The application is running on premium (I've been downloading music offline, skipping tracks a lot of times, and I haven't seen a single advertisement. I don't use any VPN or an ad blocker), but when I go to check the account details here, it shows the account is free.

Screenshot_2020-08-24-02-11-26-441_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user~2.jpg
Screenshot_2020-08-24-01-55-23-285_com.android.mms~2.jpg

Suggested posts