Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlike song from Radio

Solved!

Unlike song from Radio

Is there anyway someone from spotify can reset my Starred Radio so that there are no "likes" or "dislikes"? I accidentally liked one song and now I only hear songs from that band and two to three others and none of the other bands are in my starred playlist.  This would be a great help because I use the radio to find new songs similar to the ones I like, but now that Radio isn't playing any songs I like anymore.

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Why don't you just remove them from that playlist?

I removed all the songs that were from the "liked" artist from the playlist, however, since the song was liked in Radio it doesn't matter whether or not the song is still in the playlist or not.  All the songs are still by that artist (or very similar) in Radio. 

I have the same problem.

I started to "like" some songs from radio and now it just plays like 4 or 5 artist everytime.

I liked one song from an artist not everthing.

Is there a way to reset radio preferences?

I have the opposite problem, I disliked a song I like and it removed it from the station I listen to. How do I get it back?

I'm using the Mac client and I have the same problem.  Normally, I let a station go for a long time without interacting with Spotify.  I just tried to dislike a terrible song and accidentally liked it.  I fear my station is ruined.

It would be great to just be able to uncheck the liked song by clicking the "thumbs up" again as an undo.  What may be more difficult, but would be awesome, would be the ability to see songs you've "liked" and "disliked" in the past for a station so you can modify the lists directly.

Update:

And I just noticed this forum has the ability to "revoke kudos".  🙂  We need that option for radio.

If you search the song in the top search bar then right click on it then Add To... >  "Liked from Radio" playlist it'll mark it as a thumbs up. I've done it before when I accidentally hit the thumbs down.

Here is a workaround:

1) Create a new playlist

2) Copy the tracks from the old playlist into the new one

3) Delete old playlist

4) Rename new playlist to the name of the old playlist.

Now you have a fresh start.

Galaxy News Radio

First time on this forum so not entirely sure how it works but just wanted to say that a much needed feature, besides the ability to unlike a previously liked song, should be the ability to like or dislike songs that have just/recently played on a radio station.  Eg: you're in the shower and you hear a song you like or dislike, but by the time you get back to Spotify, a new song is playing.  You can "scroll" backwards and see what track it was, but can't vote on what you thought of it.

Same problem… touched the like/dislike by error and spotify doesn't allow any error… so I'm condemned for eternity… thanks spotify!

On a normal (not unforgiving & condemnation spirit app) app you could press again and it would revert it.

Is there a way to unlike a song on Spotify free? I see the unlike button greyed out.
Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Suggested posts