Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Was charged 4 (FOUR) times for 1 (ONE) spotify $29.99 gift.

Was charged 4 (FOUR) times for 1 (ONE) spotify $29.99 gift.

I was charged 4 (FOUR) times for 1 (ONE) spotify $29.99 gift. I contacted Spotfy twice with your contact form and NO RESPONSE.

What is the problem? Do you have a real billing department? This is awful.

9 Replies

Hey 🙂

Welcome to the community! 

Yes to answer your question Spotify do have a payments team. 

You should have got an automated email message when you submitted your query using the contact form, can you find the case number inside it and post it here? If so, I will escalate this post to the forums staff for you so someone can look into it. 

As you can appreciate, matters of payment and subscriptions can not be openly discussed on the forums as they often contain personal information.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The latest: Spotify Case # 00305781

Hi wderganc - I believe you received an automated response directing you back to the Community. For future reference, just reply back to that response. Your case will then reach an agent. 

For now i've made sure your # 00305781 case has reached us. Keep an eye on your inbox for a response from our team. 

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.

The email is from <no-reply@spotify.com>, meaning the inbox doesn't accept incoming mail.

Further, I should not have to go on a discussion board to ask other members why I was over charged. No online business works this way. The charges occured on September 26th,  and I am STILL trying to resolve this.........

@wderganc wrote:

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.

The email is from <no-reply@spotify.com>, meaning the inbox doesn't accept incoming mail.

Further, I should not have to go on a discussion board to ask other members why I was over charged. No online business works this way. The charges occured on September 26th,  and I am STILL trying to resolve this.........

Fingers crossed a member of the team will be in touch soon! 

Generally, you should not have to come to the discussion boards for a problem like this, the Spotify team aim to answer queries within 48 hours so I'm not sure why its taken so long.

For future reference too, you can and should reply to the no-reply message that you get when you submit a contact form, the email will be sent to a member of the team who can assist you.

Peter

Peter

Email from *someone* (Cambride Customer Service)... still no resolution.

Again, thank you for your time spent with me here.

I'm going to dispute these charges on Monday... The lack of dedicated customer/billing support is appaling. 

Always happy to help =D

Spotify do actually have a payments team but they only deal with email requests 😉 

Peter

Peter

My son was charged for his $9.99 subscription that he has had for a few months, but all of a sudden at the same time/month a $29 subscription showed up in his bank account that he never signed up for. When he sent a complaint form to state he did not have a 2nd subcription and to remove it and the charge, the reply onlylstated it was not a mistake. Spotify does not have a phone number for billing and we don't know how else to get the 2nd charge removed and canceled. This is a gross error on the part of Spotify. My son only has one login that he used to register and that is with his FB, never with an email. We need to get this resolved asap or else he will be going down to the bank to dispute the charge as a fraudelent charge no short of identity theft. 

Unfortunately customer services are the only ones who deal with payment issues, so you will just need to keep at them.

Peter

Suggested posts