Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why isn't there mixtapes :(

Why isn't there mixtapes :(

Spotify is amazing. It's just doesn't have one thing; mixtapes. I love rap and some mixtapes are amazing and better than some actual albums and I'm disappointed spotify doesn't have them. So please please PLEASE add them like Sorry 4 the wait or dedication 3 etc. If you can't please tell me a very detailed explanation why. Thank you if it is possible I hope I get support because it's needed.
12 Replies

I totally agree - add mix tapes and watch the number of premium subscribers grow! At the moment I can't reply on spotify for mixed CD's by professional dj's. Yet they are available to buy elsewhere.

If mixtapes are available to buy legally and fully licensed, then get in touch with the label responsible and suggest that they get their content on Spotify.

Mixtapes are FREE you DONT buy them, its so annoying that spotify doesnt support them

You don't BUY a mixtape, its a legally released free album esentially and its a huge part of the rap/hip-hop community, by ignoring mixtapes you're pretty much ignoring that genre because of how much music is put out this way. Also, why is this the second time that i've seen a response telling the PAYING customers to go talk to the artist about it. WTF, spotify has employees for a reason, thats not my responsibility

The problem is those mixtapes are still subject to copyright. Unless they are provided via an approved distributor or label, Spotify won't touch them since they have no way to guarantee the content they are adding to the service doesn't breach copyright of someone. If artists want their mixtapes on Spotify, they would have to provide them via a Spotify aggregator or label, which costs money - money the artist has to pay.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've switched to Google Play Music All Access. Now I can add to my music collection. Including any mix tape I want. Sorry Spotify, bye.

But why is Spotify sitting on their hands and not reaching out to artists about this? Its just like how they treated Windows Phone users by not updating the app once in over a year, Spotify keeps displaying laziness and personally i'm getting sick of it. I'm looking for new music providers that will actually provide me with all of an artists music

100 % trruuueee. I am searching for Future's new mixtape E.T. 

Especially for people who love listening to rap, mixtapes are essential

And some of the biggest rappears release several great mixtapes in a short time. And I don't want to search for every single song on soundcloud or other pages!

Yeah man all those Poppin **bleep** mixtapes.. Gotta go to youtube -_- and then to keep the music playing in the background gotta pay ... Come on spotify..

There are PLENTY mixtapes on Spotify. Kevin Gates= stranger than fiction. Lil durk= 300 days 300 nights, signed to the streets 1&2. Moneybagg yo = federal 3x. I'm not sure how it works but they are on there

Can you get google play on an iPhone?? 

Suggested posts