Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong account comes up when im logging on to my own account.

Wrong account comes up when im logging on to my own account.

Whenever I am logging in on spotify, using my account name & password, I without a problem get signed in.

However, all of my playlists is nowhere to be found, and when going to my "Account" (Pop-up window) showing my account information,

a different account name is displayed, tied to a completely different email.

The person concerned is my cousin, and the current playlists I can view is of his family, daughters etc.

How on earth is my account connected to him?

In the spotify player, at the top right corner my name is displayed as usual, hinting it's my account, but as said, when viewed on the website, it's my cousins account information.

3 Replies

Was your account created using Facebook, or do you have a Spotify username?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It was made using facebook if im not misstaken.

Does this have a impact on this situation?

Yeah, it means it is most likely your Facebook account and someone's Spotify account have become tied (by the Facebook integration) and that means your "real" account will be lost in the system at the minute. 

Best thing to do is get in touch with the support team using this form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you up and running again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts