Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

login problems

login problems

not getting a password reset email after a long time
6 Replies

For more info, I have been trying to login to my account for about a day now and nothing has worked. I created my account with my Gmail and when i tried logging in with my Gmail it doesn't work and keeps saying "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area". This started a day ago when i tried going into my Spotify account found out i was logged out. I tried logging back in with my Gmail but it did not work and then I tried to reset my password and when I put my Gmail in, it tells me that an email has been sent to my inbox but when i check nothing is there. I have waited a whole day for the email and still nothing. I would appreciate some help, thank you :).

Hey @block123,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you looked through your Junk/Spam folders for the password reset email? Is this the link you tried? Make sure also that the Spotify domain isn't blocked in your email settings. Just go to your email Settings > Junk email > check if the Spotify domain is under Blocked senders > then add no-reply@spotify.com in the safe senders and domains list.

Consider also requesting a new password reset email by using an incognito window or another device. If possible, try with a different network (a mobile hotspot would do), or with mobile data.

Hope this helps.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your help, but nothing has worked. I checked my junk email and checked my settings for the "blocked senders," but even with nothing blocked, I am still not getting the password reset link. I signed up for Spotify with this email, so I don't know what else I can do.

Thanks for the details, @block123.

Just to be on the safe side, could you check out the steps in this article in order to see if you don't have another Spotify account?

If you're still not receiving a password reset email, then it's best to reach out to Customer Support that can check things out backstage.

Keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 14 pro max

Operating System

Can't receive e-mails from Spotify

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I'm trying to log in to Spotify, but when I attempt to log in with my existing password, it doesn't work. I tried to reset my password by clicking on the link to receive it via email, but I'm not receiving the password reset email. My email account was inactive for a week and I recently reactivated it, but I'm still not receiving the password reset link. What should I do to log in?

Thank you.

Hey @handaewon,

Thanks for reaching out! We merged your post here, hope you don't mind.

Take a look at the reply from @Yordan. It should help out!
In case the issue remains, it's possible that you may have used a different email address. To see if this is so - check out the FAQ article, linked by @Ivelina ๐Ÿ™‚

Tip: Keep in mind that you may have used an alternative login method like Google or Facebook when creating your account. 
It's worth taking a look into these as well.

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts