Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"You have already purchased this track" notification

"You have already purchased this track" notification

I have searched the forums but couldn't find any previous posts on this, please point me in the right direction if this has already been discussed.

Is there a way of switching on a "You have already purchased this track" notification?

I have purchased a lot of tracks from Spotify, often in bulk and other than cross-checking to my purchase history there is no real notification when going to purchase that I have already bought the same track previously.

I know when linked to itunes if I already have the same track in my library Spotify won't alow me to download. However in some cases I'm trying to buy higher bit rate versions of the same track so I get around Spotify blocking the track download by purchasing on another computer.

When purchasing from sites like Beatport it will notify me if I add a track to the cart i have already bought. If this kind of notification doesn't already exist in Spotify I think it could be a handy addition to the next update.

Separately, an indication of duplicate tracks being added to the same Spotify playlist could be handy, and save having to go in and delete additional copies of the same track.

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As far as I am aware, Spotify does not have a filter built in to check if you have already purchased a track. I do think it is a good idea, so maybe you would like to post it as a future feature addition over on the Ideas Exchange.

Also, as for duplicates on playlists, there are several topics on the Ideas section about it already. The main one is here. If you would like to see it implemented I would suggest you give it some kudos 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the prompt response Peter.

I have posted the idea on the exchange. Feel free to drop it some kudos if you're in support of the idea:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/quot-You-have-already-purchased-this-track-quot-notifi...

I'm surprised to see the duplicates in playlist idea has quite a few submission's on the exchange but hasn't yet been implemented. Either way I've given the ideas kudos.

Regards

Kudos added 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts