Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

why have i been charged £9.99?

why have i been charged £9.99?

right so im checking my bank account today to find a statement for £9.99 from my visa through paypal????? 

i dont even use paypal now (deleted my account a good few months ago!) and iv checked the settings on spotify and it does NOT have any payment option set up.....can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?

6 Replies

For any payments query, our payments team are the best guys to speak to. We can't sort out anything here. Just email them over here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

yea thats a load of cr*p my friend! generic email response.... why have spotify taken my money without my consent? from what im aware that is stealing?

Jamiew23 - If you respond to the auto-response, your email will come through to Support. In order for us to investigate the charges, we'll need to take a few security details. This is why we can't sort anything here.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

ok i have replied thanks, although i do find it strange that when i look at my settings it says no payment details set up for this account?

Hey 🙂

In that case there are 2 options:

1. You have more than 1 account and one that you have created accidentally does have payment details. This is most likely, its amazingly easy to do.

2. Someone else is using your details to pay for a subscription.

The payments team will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Jamiew23 - This is why we'll need to take some security details. We'll need to trace that payment transaction.

Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of it.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts