Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto

Android Auto

I am having an issue where some tracks are not payable whilst using Android Auto but work fine when on mobile.

There are 2 different errors when it happens:

1) An error shows on screen saying the song is not available in my region

2) The songs simply skip to the end of the playlist and the playing ends.

In both cases, on the playlists, many of the songs will initially play before facing the errors.

On Spotify Premium and have the playlisys cached. One playlist is the Spotify created 2022 most listened songs, the other is my Liked Songs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

Hi there @dadvs1,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Could you check for updates for the app? If no updates appear, you can try a clean reinstall instead. This will ensure you're running the latest version.

Also, it's worth checking if Spotify is allowed to run in the background. You should be able to see this in your device's settings.

Should the issue persist, can you let us know what device and version of the operating system you're using?

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thanks for the response.

Latest version and clean install.

Most songs play fine, DJ has no issues at all. Given the error about region it feels like some songs are not allowed to be played in the car. However in the past there was no issue at all with all songs.

Samsung S23 Ultra on latest update.

Hi @dadvs1,

Thanks for the reply. So only specific tracks will always refuse to play in the car, while other songs play without issue, is that correct? Or is it playlists that are affected, as you mentioned in the initial post?

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

Hi Joan,

It's certain songs contained within certain playlists. Other songs play fine. 

It was a strange error saying its not available in my region.

In the liked songs playlist, a lot of songs can be seen and play. Some of them have no album art and won't play when on Android auto. 

I have noticed that on the liked songs playlist on mobile, I have to select genres to see all of the songs, it only shows some initially. It's there a limit to the number of songs the liked playlist can contain?

Hi there @dadvs1,

Thanks for the reply. The Liked Songs can contain plenty of tracks, but the more you have, the more likely it is for some performance issues to arise. Could you possibly log in with a different account on the same devices and see if that makes a difference? You can use the account of someone you know or just make one yourself.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts