Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Please bring back the date scroller in playlists on Android

[Android][Playlists] Please bring back the date scroller in playlists on Android

I recently noticed that Spotify removed the "date scroller" in playlists on Android. Well, they removed it and brought it back briefly and axed it again recently. I find it very useful because I have huge playlists and the scroll bar on the right would display the month and year on which I added a particular track to the playlist. It works as a substitute for the "Date added" column on the desktop app.

I really don't understand why would they remove this feature given that it's been there for years and it didn't interfere with anything in the UI. In fact, now the scroll bar is completely missing from my "Liked Songs" playlist and it makes it extremely hard to scroll through 1400 tracks that I added to this playlist over the years.
Screenshot_2.png
4 Replies

Hey @11127876095,

Thanks for reaching out. We've moved your post to the Help board as it better fits here.

The date scroller is generally still available for Android users, however, if you're not seeing it, it might be due to some changes we're currently testing out. We're always running tests to improve our service and your feedback is highly appreciated. We'll make sure to forward it to the team responsible for this feature.

We'll be here for you if there's anything else you wish to address!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey. I started noticing the same issue around 2-3 months ago. The date scroller is still not back. It's now May 2024. I don't know why they removed it. 

@MihailY Hi, when will Spotify bring back the date scroller in Liked Songs? What is being "tested" that requires the removal of this feature? It's been 3 months since I first noticed it disappeared. After finding this article I've realised it's happened before. Can Spotify stop randomly removing these features? 

I like to sort my music into the months I added them to my likes so I can get a general feel for what I was into at the time, is there any way to see the exact dates of songs added within the last 4 weeks that isn’t simply “_weeks ago”. I wouldn’t want to force myself to sit down and organize my monthly playlists exactly at the beginning of the month because of this weird decision on Spotify’s part.

Suggested posts