Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Every time I try to disable push notifications for a podcast, the button simply doesn't work. I get the message that I'll stop receiving notifications for this podcast, but the logo stays the same, I still receive notifications from the podcast. I restarted the app and tried everything, even unfollowing the podcast and re-following will re-enable the push notifications by default. It's really annoying.

4 Replies

Hey @Ivan-K,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community and welcome 🙂

It sounds like you've tried a couple of things already, but let's try some more troubleshooting.

We'd suggest that you try to connect to a different network connection to see if you'll be able to disable the notification. In case you don't have another one available, if possible - ask a family member to start a hotspot for you so you can test it. 

If you still experience this, it's best to perform a clean reinstall of the app by following this guide. We recommend this step since it gets you the latest app version and removes corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing issues with the app's performance on your device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This has been an issue for ages and has nothing to do with your version of the app or the connection. You click the "bell", it says it is turned off (but still highlighted) and notifications keep coming. Uninstalling the app doesn't help either. For as mature as this app is this feature makes me want to throw my phone.

Hey @RPM2182,

In this case, if you've followed @Lyubka's steps for a complete clean reinstall and the issue still persists, please provide us with the following details:

• Your device and its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version
  • The approximate date this started and if it began after an app or OS update

And @Ivan-K, could you let us know if the issue persists for you as well? 
Many thanks in advance! 🙂 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issues on 2 separate devices, though only with one Podcast, The Trailer Park Boys. A podcast and show I have never watched.  I have done everything suggested and I still get it recommended.  The two devices are:
Samsung s10 Android 12 Spotify version - 8.8.80.599

YMP-A1 "Tablet" Android 8.1 Spotify version 8.8.80.599

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a podcast I might be interested in, but I am getting tired of this podcast being recommended.

Thanks

Suggested posts