Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into app

Solved!

Can't log into app

I can log in and use spotify on web version without no issues, but it keeps erroring any time I try to login in the app. I've done all I could such as restarting phone, clearing cache and data or reinstalling app and I even get the permium subscription a weak after facing the issue.

I'm on a permium subscription. My device is xiaomi redmi note 9 pro, android 11.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to resolve my login problem to the Spotify Desktop app. 
My default browser was Microsoft Edge. I switched default to Google Chrome. (Windows Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Click Google Chrome and set as default) 
Opened Spotify Desktop App, clicked Login, Spotify login window on Chrome browser popped up, logged in, and went back to Spotify App.  Working ok again.  Switch default browser back to Edge.  All good. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same problem for me.  Desktop app bounces to web login, logged in ok, then app fails with: 

Service it temporarily unavailable. please try again later.  (Error code:  desktop_login_account:3) 

Going on for about 20 hours now. 

Hello folks, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with logging in. @Weree you mentioned that you have issues when logging on to the website as well, right? 

We would advise to follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this article, It lists out a few possible ways to fix such issues. 

Keep us in the loop.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I've read it already and done all them multiple times, I even subscribed to premium after a week I faced the problem but non of them helped. I was thinking it might be an issue on my account in database info, so I was trying to contact with supporting. Is there a way I could do something for it?

it's so important for me to reach the app dou to more accesses I have there

Marked as solution

I was able to resolve my login problem to the Spotify Desktop app. 
My default browser was Microsoft Edge. I switched default to Google Chrome. (Windows Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Click Google Chrome and set as default) 
Opened Spotify Desktop App, clicked Login, Spotify login window on Chrome browser popped up, logged in, and went back to Spotify App.  Working ok again.  Switch default browser back to Edge.  All good. 

I can login to Spotify browser app no problem.  Issue was with desktop app login.  Resolved - see reply below. 

happy for you. 

I just tried to open my account on another Mobile and it worked, but still have issues on my own phone

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@Weree, we're happy to hear the issue has been resolved.

@Bixenta, can you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting so we can investigate further?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts