Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue line up not in the order I put them in and shuffles when I move them

Queue line up not in the order I put them in and shuffles when I move them

I have a specific order I put songs into my queue, before the update I could add 6 songs and then look in the queue to find them in the order that I added it. Now, when I add those songs they are reversed or shuffled around in the queue list. Also, let's say I have the same songs on the list 2 or 3 times, when I move one and drop it in the place I want it, the song then either moves up or down to a different spot, and the other songs with the same title will either move up or down depending on how I place the first one.
20 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

How long has this been happening? Have you tried seeing if it also happens on another device? We would advise you to perform a clean reinstall of the app. 

Afterwards log in and out of your account a few times - 2/3 is enough. That will force the app to calibrate and sync itself and its features. 

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. I reinstalled the app and it's still happening. See the screen recordings. there are 2 issues: 1st one when changing the order of added songs to the queue and 2nd issues occurs when adding/dragging a song to the queue. Songs get removed and others get doubled. 

Hey @funkycolours,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for providing videos of the issues.

I've tested this on an Android device, however, I couldn't reproduce them. What's the model. OS version and Spotify version of your phone? Does it make a difference where you start the playback from (e.g. a playlist, an album, search results, etc.)? Are you seeing the same behavior with podcast episodes?

To exclude an issue with your account as the root cause, it would be nice if you can ask a friend to log in on your device and check if the same thing happens to them as well.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried all the things you
mentioned, and the result was the same. A friend logged into his account on
my phone and it was exactly the same. So perhaps the issue is in my
android? My phone is Pixel 8, Android 14, UQ1A.240205.004 build version.
Spotify version: 8.9.12.599
Something I didn't mention before is that this behavior is only while I'm connected to my wifi speakers and streaming from my phone. Sometimes I get it also in the car when connected via Bluetooth, but at home I also have a Bluetooth speaker and when connected to it - no issues.

Hey @funkycolours,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, in order to isolate this behavior, it'd be great if you could ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account, connect it to your speaker, and check. That way, we can narrow down if this is device-related. 

On another note, would you mind sharing with us the make/model of your speaker? Does this happen if you connect your device to a different Bluetooth device such as headphones? If possible, It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey there, thanks for the answer. As I mentioned before a friend logged in on my device with his account and it behaved the same way. I used his phone with my account and there was no issue, but he has an iPhone. So I'm thinking now that the issue might be with Spotify Connect operated on Android. My speaker uses Spotify connect. I'm using a Dac2HD HiFiBerry connector, which has Spotify Connect enabled. When my friend connects to it with his iPhone - there are no issues. When I use Bluetooth there are no issues. I used Spotify Connect on a Yamaha receiver at a friend's place, and got the same issue.

Same issue here. And it only happens on Android. My friend has an iPhone and connects to my speaker with Spotify connect without any issues.

Hey @funkycolours,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info you kindly shared.

We really appreciate the time you took to help us understand what's happening on your side. We haven't noticed similar reports about this in recent days and this seems to be mostly related to your mobile device.

Nonetheless, there are some additional steps you can take to see if you notice any changes in this behavior. In this case, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again.

On another note, we'd suggest checking your mobile battery saver settings. Make sure Spotify is an exception to your mobile device settings.

Additionally, make sure your network has no restrictions in general terms. On the Spotify app mobile settings, you can go to Devices> Show local devices only. Switch it off to see if you notice any difference regarding this issue.

We don't have further information about when this is going to be sorted out. For now, we'd suggest keeping your app up to date, so you don't miss out on any developments.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator

Hey @funkycolours,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the link you've shared.

Since there's a newer version of the app than the one you shared previously, would you mind updating your app to see if it makes any difference?

Also, and if the issue persists, since this looks like a device-related issue, would you mind checking on a different Android device? We included this process in the troubleshooting as we were not able to reproduce the issue on our end. If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hi Oscar, my Spotify version on my Pixel 8 is currently 8.9.16.593 and the issue persist. I tried on a Pixel 5 and it happened the same, the queue doesn't work properly (as the videos I shared) and songs stop playing and Spotify Connect disconnects. Again, with an iPhone there is no issue. 

Hi there, I just tried with One Plus Nord with an older Android than 14 version and it works without issues. So there must be some Pixel specific android setting or something...

We appreciate the cooperation, @funkycolours!

Just to be on the safe side, could you let us know if you tried any of the suggested steps in @AlejaR's post here? For example if you're using an SD-card, try with removing it to see if that'll change anything. 

Hope to hear from you soon and let us know if anything else comes up. 

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yes, Ive tried everything.

Hi there @funkycolours,

We appreciate you taking the time to reply and try out all our recommendations. Thanks for your patience. 

First up, does this happen all the time? Or are you able to edit your Queue without issues sometimes? On another note, could you try connecting your speaker to a different internet connection? If you don't have any available, you could create a hotspot network from your mobile device and use it to check.

We'll wait for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator

I can never edit my queue without issues when in Spotify Connect mode. No issues and normal behavior when I'm not on Spotify Connect. Again, I don't think is my speaker as my friend has no issues when using Spotify Connect and my speaker with his iPhone. I also tried with another Pixel phone and - the same issue. We tried with One Plus Nord - no issues.

Hey there @funkycolours,

Looks like this issue is specific to Pixel devices. Would you mind sending over the updated device info from your phone and the other one you used for the test?:

• Exact Spotify version 
  • Exact OS version

We'll forward this info to the relevant teams for further investigation.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hi there, 

my current Spotify version: 8.9.20.574

my current OS on Pixel 8: Android 14

Thanks a lot,

Hey @funkycolours,

Thanks for the info.

Your report has been noted, however, we can't give you an ETA for a fix. 

For anyone experiencing this who still hasn't shared their device details, please do so as this will speed up the investigation.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts