Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Doesnt play song in android app spotify, when I want open it by link.

Doesnt play song in android app spotify, when I want open it by link.

When somebody send me link for son on spotyfy, my spotify android app will start, but dont play this song.
3 Replies

Hi there @martin779277,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Does this happen with all songs?
  • Does it happen only when your son shares songs with you or with other users as well? Does it work when you share songs with others?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Joan, hope it's ok to ask for the reverse Problem here. If i get a Song link (via Signal, WhatsApp or what ever) and click it, Spotify app automaticly plays this Song and my actual Session from my Playlist ist stopped. I don't want Songs to be played automatic when opening a link. I want the Song to be Show in Spotify (same way as when i search for a Song) so that i can play it if i want, put it to the cue, add to a Playlist or anything else. 

Is there any way to Do so?

App is on Android 12

Hey @PhilMorris,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Opening a link to a song on mobile will result in the app opening and playing that song. Currently, there is no way to switch this off manually from the settings. However, we can see how that would be a handy feature and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

In addition, it seems like the Community folks have already created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available, we'd suggest that you check this idea here. Make sure you leave your vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts