Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy S - Spotify

Solved!

Galaxy S - Spotify

What happened, Why does Spotify crashes in my mobile hone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It crashes on my Galaxy S as well, but only at start up, then when i start it back up it is fine. 

My issue is that sometimes it says "last.fm scrobbling failed" when it shouldn't be.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes I have a rather big playlist, so you suggest that I erase some from the list and reinstall the app again?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

It crashes on my Galaxy S as well, but only at start up, then when i start it back up it is fine. 

My issue is that sometimes it says "last.fm scrobbling failed" when it shouldn't be.

Hey guys, random crashes on Android phones can sometimes be solved with a simple password reset, though I can't say I'm sure why.

Give it a go here at www.spotify.com/password-reset
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

It did not help...

It might be worth checking your SD card for errors then, as this might causing problems with Spotify.

Instructions for this can be found at http://www.ehow.com/how_6857598_check-sd-card-errors.html
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I don't have an SD card in my phone...

Ah right. I must have been thinking of the S2.

Is your phone crashing at any point in particular? At start-up? While playing local tracks? Anything like that?

The program don´t start at all. 
I have unistalled the program and rebooted the phone, reseted my password, nothing helpes... 

Do you have a large number of playlists? This might be related to a bug we're aware of.

Details here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Bug-Android-app-crashes-on-startup-with-too-many-play...

Marked as solution

Yes I have a rather big playlist, so you suggest that I erase some from the list and reinstall the app again?

It's worth a try. In the desktop app you can just drag your playlists to your desktop if you want to back them up temporarily.

Also, it's worth combining playlists where possible - try condensing down to single artists/genres and so on. The playlists can be pretty big internally I think without problems.

I solved my problem by, in the mobile phone, open my files/Android/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.

In there, there are two filemaps, cache and files.

Empty them and uninstall Spotify.

Then restart your phone and install the app again.

This worked for me, I had a big playlist but now it´s a bit smaller.

Suggested posts