Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 6

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

For the past week or so music has been randomly pausing on my Pixel 6.

- The app is not crashing, or closing, but the music just pauses.

- This happens even if the screen is left on with Spotify open.

- It happens on all output devices (phone speaker, Bluetooth headphones, Bluetooth speaker).

- Sometimes it happens every 5 - 10 minutes, and sometimes it doesn't happen for an hour or so.

Top Answer
MafeG
Spotify Legend

Hi @bob58,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

To start, we'd like to know if this is happening only on your phone, or if you've also tried using other devices to see if there's a difference. 

Also, does the same happen if you activate the Offline Mode and play your music without being connected to the internet? 

Lastly, could you run a clean reinstall of the app?. This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Keep us posted.

Top Answer
OscarDC

Hey @LeonLB,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We'd first recommend making sure you have the settings to let the app run in the background as this is the most common reason for this behavior. If so, and the issue persists, would you mind confirming if this issue happens with the app offline as well?

Lastly, would you mind trying with a different Wi-Fi connection to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one, you can use your mobile data to test it.

We'll be on the lookout.

12 Replies

Hi @bob58,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

To start, we'd like to know if this is happening only on your phone, or if you've also tried using other devices to see if there's a difference. 

Also, does the same happen if you activate the Offline Mode and play your music without being connected to the internet? 

Lastly, could you run a clean reinstall of the app?. This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

It was only happening on my phone, but a re-install of the app fixed it (simply uninstalled as normal, then clicked install again).

Thanks.

Hey @bob58,

Thanks for the post and for letting the Community know what fixed the issue for you.

This is helpful for other members facing similar issues.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if the issue returns.

AlexModerator

I'm having the same issues and it's on all music, Spotify, YouTube, even my own music played through vlc player. 

Hi @Sash108,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and welcome. 

Could you send us the exact make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device? 

On another note, could you tell us if the music stops when receiving an app notification? Also, let us know if the issue started after any recent update.

Lastly, we suggest that you log out, restart your device and tell us if the issue persists. 

We'll be standing by.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Happens whenever I charge my phone. I listen to ambient noise and I feel like Google just wants to know if I am asleep.

This is happening to my pixel 6 as well.  The music just stops after maybe 5 songs or so but will resume when I activate my screen from sleep mode.  Once it just off again the music stops.  If I leave it that way, periodically after a long while, ten minutes or so, it will play for a few seconds then stop again.  This started happening after my last android update.  I've tried clearing cache, clearing storage, uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app, trying it without headphones or Bluetooth devices.  This only occurs on my phone and no other devices.  Also gave it unlimited battery access and able to play in the background.  Nothing is working.  It will only play while the screen is active.  Help.

Pixel 6

Android 14 with March 5, 2024 security update

Spotify version 8.9.24.633

Hey @LeonLB,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We'd first recommend making sure you have the settings to let the app run in the background as this is the most common reason for this behavior. If so, and the issue persists, would you mind confirming if this issue happens with the app offline as well?

Lastly, would you mind trying with a different Wi-Fi connection to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one, you can use your mobile data to test it.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

How does an answer with 0 likes get marked as solution?

For me honestly, it feels like my pixel knows I am asleep and somehow does a silent command to turn off my sound. 

Potentially is there a built-in limit for how many times a song can repeat? I listen to the same rain sound track on repeat while I sleep and I think it is only 5 or so minutes long but it is a perfect loop. 

Hello, I've had exactly the same problem for a few days now. After an indefinite period of listening, the application starts to malfunction: the music stops when the phone is on standby. Simply turning the screen back on restarts the music, which resumes as soon as the screen is turned off. This is extremely annoying. I've tried all the actions described in this post, to no avail. The only solution I've found is to kill the application and relaunch it, which temporarily solves the problem. I also own a Pixel 6 and a Spotify Premium account, both long-standing.

Pixel 6a, premium, starting to have constant issues that I've never had before. Making it unusable. Lots of pausing, when listening through blue tooth headphones at the end of a song it will play music through the speakers, offline mode same issues. Cleared cache, storage, restarted phone, reinstalled app, updated all, no different. Major problems. 

Hey folks,

Apologies for the late reply.

To make sure the issues you're describing are not linked to your device's battery settings, can you try reproducing them while the phone is plugged into its charger?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts