Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Jam screen hides wifi speakers suddenly after last app upgrade.

New Jam screen hides wifi speakers suddenly after last app upgrade.

I teach where a set of wifi speakers are used. Now I just get a new Jam Session screen instead and see no way to connect to the speakers. I DON'T WANT JAM but can't find how to disable it. This is interfering ever since a 9/21/23 Spotify application update on my Android phone.
12 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The Jam is started from a specific playlist, so the devices should be available in the Connect list just like before. What do you see exactly? Send us some screenshots so we can take a look.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The new JAM session buttons still display, but I was able to find the network speakers by power cycling my phone. The problem with that is, I have to power cycle it every day I go there to use the speakers. The next time I go there, no speakers show on the list until I power cycle it.

I do use Android Auto on my way there and may try disabling that next time in case it somehow is affecting the issue.

Hey @JMBoof,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

If possible, you can check if the speakers still won't appear when you haven't used Android Auto. You can also trying a clean reinstall of the app on your phone which will clear stored cache on the device.

Should the issue persist after the reinstall, let us know what device and version of the operation system you're currently using.

Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

Why do spotify keep insisting on adding sh*tty function like this "Jam" and remove or shuffle away other **usefull** features.

Can you stop changing the app for atleast a week?

Everythime i open up the spotify app there is something new added, changed or removed. Im getting so sick and tired of always having to google this sh*t.

Now to my problem, same as OP. I cannot connect to my speaker(Car) becouse you removed that function.

Instead of me pressing the "Speaker button" which is displaying a speaker/device i am instead sent to this new obsolete function thats called Jam.

How do i connwct to my speaker without using a jam session?

And if its not possible to do so, can i get a refund becouse this is gonna totally ruin my vacation when i cannot play on other speaker than my sh*tty phone speaker.

Hey @jonasdotnet,

Sorry to see you feel this way.

The regular Connect functionality should be visible right underneath 'Jam' which is designed to enable group sessions and make them more accessible.
On the screenshot below I am playing via the Web Player. Jam can be started but that doesn't affect the original Connect functionality.
Should this not be the case on your end, we'd like to ask you to send us a screenshot of how things look like on your device 🙂

Many thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20231229_122158_Spotify.jpg

VasilModerator

More unnecessary unwanted Spotify trash. There's no way to connect the speakers now that this garbage jam feature dominates the screen. The only connection option now is jam jam

Hey @ljenish,

Thanks for posting in this thread.

Just to check, are you able to see other devices as mentioned by @Vasil earlier in the thread?

Feel free to send a screenshot or video showing how things look from your end, as well as what device and OS you're using, should no devices appear.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi,

I'm having the same issue where I am unable to switch output devices after a recent update (android). Tapping on the device icon only shows the "start a jam" page. I have two headphones connected to my device via bluetooth, and I see no option to switch to either of them or to phone speakers. I have the same issue when controlling playback on my Google home - no option to change device.

I have attached screenshots of the "currently playing" and "start a jam" pages.

Screenshot_20240201_130608_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20240201_130603_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @carlsoncalvin

thanks for reaching out!

While it's not possible to select Bluetooth devices from the Connect picker in the app, you should be able to link your devices directly from the phone settings. You can do it by either going into the phone's audio settings, or by heading over to the Bluetooth settings, depending on the model of your device. If you like, feel free to have a look at this page for more info.

Hope this clear things up! Cheers.

MariaModerator

I'm having the same issue. The button which before gave me the option to connect to my sonos wifi speaker, now only gives me the option to start a jam.

Screenshot_20240222_222425_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Manumoana,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

Could you try clearing saved cache from the app to see if you notice any difference? Once it's done, try logging out and back in again. This should resync your account info.

Another option is to do a clean reinstall of the app, as this will clear saved cache too, as well as ensure that you're running the latest app version.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend giving the following steps a shot:

• Restart your mobile device, and the speaker by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
  • Relinking your Sonos to the Spotify account.
  • Make sure that all devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Check that your device's software is up-to-date. You can have a look at your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

MariaModerator

I am having the same issue. Spotify doesn't recognize any of my speakers. Get rid of this jam feature. It's annoying and is messing things up.

Suggested posts