NEXT STEP

No repeat button on premium

No repeat button on premium

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

The repeat button is no longer in the three dot menu on the now playing screen nor anywhere else.

12 Replies

Hi there @revolving,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

Can you send us a screenshot of how things look on your end and provide us with your device info - model, OS version and Spotify app version, so that we can help out with this further 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

it's a galaxy note 20 ultra on android 13.

Screenshot_20230612_013205_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20230612_013216_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20230612_013309_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @revolving,

Thanks for the reply. 

From your screenshots I can see that the Repeat button is on the Now Playing View.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

sorry, i didn't realize it was back on most playlists. it's still missing on discover weekly, however.

Screenshot_20230613_040118_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230613_040128_Spotify.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi Note 9

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

The shuffle buttons does not appear when playing the playlist Discover Weekly.

To turn shuffle on or off, you instead need to play a song from another playlist or album, and then go back to Discover Weekly playlist. Previously, the shuffle and repeat button was accessible from the 3-dot menu but after a new UI update, even that is inaccessible.

Hi there @revolving,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the repeat button is not available for the Made for You playlists - Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, Release Radar on mobile, as those playlists are intended for finding new songs or getting recommendations for song you might like. 

The option is available on the Desktop app for those playlists still.

We've passed your feedback on to the right development teams at Spotify, who're doing their best to make the app more user friendly.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I remember from last time I had Premium that there was a Repeat function, in order to listen to a playlist over and over, however it seems to be removed now? At least I can't seem to find it on the Mobile app. Shuffle yes, Repeat no (desktop version is fine). Any ideas?

Edit: nevermind, it is just done in a more obscure way than before: playlist will repeat if Repeat is set on a song within the list

Please pass along the feedback that dictating how your paying users should listen to their playlists by removing something as foundational as the repeat button is absolutely unacceptable. This isn't a feature request that isn't being implemented, it's a proactive decision to REMOVE a simple functionality from your paying users. I, for one, listen to my DW all the way through multiple times each week, often while working. This change has significantly impacted my experience as a paying user, and I cannot fathom how removing this button from the 3 dot menu has improved the user experience of those who don't repeat their DW enough to justify my (and others) extremely negative experience. 

We are on Spotifuy version 8.8.76.704 on an ipad (premium account). Using a playlist that we have created, I can see the repeat button on the songs, but it seems to be disabled.   

I'm having the the exact same issue. Android, premium, version 8.8.80.599

Repeat button has been removed from Release Radar playlists. It was there last month, so this is a recent removed feature.

Very annoying as I mainly listen to this playlist at work and it just stops. 

I was looking for the repeat button too in the Release Radar. Why on earth would you delete that???
There are some basic capabilities humans like when listening to music, one of them is repeat once or repeat playlist. This has been a thing since the CD period.
I wonder, will you be putting those functionalities behind additional paywalls or something? Because that's the MO of most companies nowadays.

@Alex wrote:

Hi there @revolving,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the repeat button is not available for the Made for You playlists - Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, Release Radar on mobile, as those playlists are intended for finding new songs or getting recommendations for song you might like. 

This is incorrect, repeat has been available on mobile for years in all of these playlists. This is a recent removal.

Suggested posts