Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist has hidden songs that can't be deleted on android

Playlist has hidden songs that can't be deleted on android

I have playlists that when I edit them have 10+ tracks I didn't add to it on them - but they are only visible when editing they playlist they don't come up when playing it.
It only happens on my Google pixel pro 7 and makes it really hard work to move songs around, my friends who collaborate to the same playlists do not have this issue, but I have It on my private playlist and my collaboration ones.
3 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Sounds like these are old local files that are no longer available. The reason they aren't visible on the mobile app when viewing the playlist is that you most likely have toggled off Show unplayable songs in the app's settings.

In any case, you should be able to remove the songs from Edit view. If that doesn't do the trick, you can use the desktop app instead and navigate to a song, click it to highlight it and press the Del / Backspace key on your keyboard.

If you were referring to something else, please share a screenshot which shows how things look on your end so we can investigate further.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So this is how it looks just normally looking at it...

1000027176.jpg

This is how it looks when editing despite deleting them alllll the time, but it's only on some playlists and only on android - doesn't happen on desktop or ipad only on my Google pixel pro 7 and Huawei p30 pro.

1000027177.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots @Jjp0.

Just to confirm, does toggling on Show unplayable songs in the app's settings cause the extra songs to appear (you should be able to remove them from the playlist from the three dots menu)? Feel free to share the playlist here so we can see how it looks on our end.

I can also see that you have downloaded the playlist. Could you try un-downloading it > editing the playlist and removing the tracks > downloading it again to see if that does the trick?

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts