Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists scrolls up to top everytime I close the app and reopen it

Playlists scrolls up to top everytime I close the app and reopen it

Everytime I close the app or close my phone the playlist will be scrolled back to the top of the list, resulting in me having to scroll down to where I was every time. I have cleared cash storage and reinstalled the app but it didn't help.
5 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? If this is happening only on a specific device, we suggest that you log out and then log in back in to your account twice in a row. This will help trigger a sync between your account and device. If this doesn't do the trick, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If the issue persists, could you check if the OS of your device is up to date? Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have now tried to log out twice, it didn't work. I did a clean reinstall following the guide you provided but it still scrolls up to the top when I lock my screen and unlock it again. 

I have an Fairphone 4 with android version 13.

Hey @Bangtanfox,

Thanks for your reply.

As a next step, we'd suggest going through your phone's settings and making sure that Spotify is allowed to run in the background and is not being restricted by any battery- or memory-optimizing services.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've checked the settings in my phone but there's nothing stopping it running in the background activated. 

I've noticed that the problem happens 100% of the time if I lock my phone screen when I have Spotify open. If I go back to my home screen before locking it, the playlist stays where I was and doesn't scroll up/refreshes.

Hey @Bangtanfox,

Does this happen to all playlists or just specific ones?

Could you take a look if the issue would happen with your account on a different device as well?

On your device you can also check with a different account (or a new account on the free tier for testing purposes) if the issue would persist. This way we'll know if it's related to that specific device and/ or its configuration. 

Keep in mind that, as a workaround to get back to the currently playing song you can tap on the playlist title at the top of the Now Playing View (doesn't work for liked songs though).

Hope this helps; keep us posted!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts