Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Push notifications have stopped working on my phone for no apparent reason

Push notifications have stopped working on my phone for no apparent reason

1. I have push notifications turned on on my phone for new episodes of podcasts I follow, and up until last week they were working fine, I have just spent a long time for the second time in a week, on a support chat trying to troubleshoot why they have stopped working within the last week, with no fix and was advised I should submit about this problem on this page, so I’m doing so. 
4 Replies

Hey @Retrogrrl1,

Thanks for reaching out 🙌🏼
We'd like you to do one complete clean reinstall of the app for starters in case you haven't gone over the full steps so far.

If this doesn't help, please share with us the additional troubleshooting steps you've tried until now and we'll take a further look at what can be done here 🙂
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Vasil, I already replied to this last week when sent the same thing-I’ve not only deleted and reinstalled the app once, but TWICE, checked all push notifications for new episode released of podcasts I followed are enabled as they should be, restarted phone after logging out before logging back in, (with a reinstall one of these times in between logging out, restarting and logging back in also); checking that my phone memory is not too full as that has created issues with other apps in the past, then contacting Spotify support who got me to repeat these steps then told me to watch for new notifications and contact again if the problem persisted. When new episodes weee released but I still wasn’t notified, I contacted Spotify support again, who got me to repeat the same steps yet again then told me that there wasn’t much else I could do to troubleshoot and leave a comment on this feedback website. Just to repeat what I wrote and sent last again week when asked then!

Hey @Retrogrrl1,

Apologies for the confusion.

We've forwarded your report to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, make sure to keep your app up to date.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MihailY,

Well thanks for that-my app IS up to date, and aside from deleting and reinstalling it twice, my phone settings are set to do updates automatically also.

Suggested posts