Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs play with wifi but not Cellular data

Songs play with wifi but not Cellular data

I've been trying to listen to songs in my App.

At first, it didn't let me login saying I was Offline although everything was working fine then I connected with Wifi and logged into the App successfully, and now I'm trying to play songs but the songs don't play at all.
The Songs play on Wifi without any problem but when I use Cellular data Spotify shows No Internet Connection Available.
I've tried 2 different SIMS to check if anything works but it doesn't

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

(Infinix Note 10)

Operating System

(Android XOSv 7.6.0)

My Question or Issue

How do I solve this issue?

Even if the songs play with wifi if I check.

But the question remains: How do I listen to songs on cellular data?
4 Replies

Hi there @Bigmonster645,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome aboard! Has it worked on mobile data before? When did this issue first occur. First, try performing a clean reinstall on your app and then check the Android settings to make sure Spotify is permitted to use mobile data. Make sure to also exclude Spotify from any data saver, battery or cache optimizer apps you may have. 

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for replying to me,

It is my first time installing and using Spotify on Android.

I've got my Android updated, Spotify Re-Installed many times to check if it works but it doesn't.

I've checked each setting but everything is fine.

I don't have any data saver on anytime.

Hey @Bigmonster645,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Is this happening on a different mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check. If possible, you can insert your SIM on that different device and check.

On another note, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. 

Lastly, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you are running in the affected device?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

When I don’t have cell service my music will not play. I pay for premium single account.

Suggested posts