Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S21

Operating System

Andeoid Version 14 One UI Version 6

My Question or Issue

Spotify has been lagging for awhile. It would say it was offline when it wasn't, songs just stopping and restarting minutes later, nothing would load, and songs would play even though I closed the app.

I've cleared the cache, reinstalled, amd deleted playlists after I saw it recommended elsewhere (if there is a limit we should be told). Nothing has helped. At this point Spotify is unusable to me even on other devices because it's the same issues. I don't want to switch services but I won't have a choice if the app won't work.

7 Replies

Hi @Skyborg ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Spotify community.

We appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. Can you let us know how many items you have/have in your Library - playlists, albums, Liked Songs, etc.? On some devices, very large libraries, containing playlists and songs, can slow the app significantly. Further, Go to your phone's app settings locate the Spotify app, and make sure that Spotify is granted the necessary permission. Lastly, it would be really helpful if you sent us the exact Spotify version you're running on your phone. Just to confirm, can you replicate this behavior while using the web player once?

Hope this helps.

TanyaSRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've had issues on any android device I've tried. 

Around 1000 songs and 100 Playlist.

Version 8.9.32.624

It lags or brings nothing up to get other stats.

Keeps saying offline at the start when it's not. 

Thanks for the help!

Hi there @Skyborg,

Thanks for the reply. So that we can rule out an account issue, could you please log in with a different account on this device and see if the behaviour is the same? You can use the account of someone you know or make one yourself.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've successfully used my account on an iphone and my friends android. 

Her account worked but lagged a little.

My account continues to have the same issues on my tablet. 

We've verified there is enough storage on my phone and there are no other issues outside of Spotify?

Thanks!

Thanks for all additional info @Skyborg!

Just to make sure we cover all bases, could you check if changing to another internet connection makes any difference? For example, if you're currently using 4G/5G, you can try connecting to WiFi.

Also, does this happen when playing directly from the device? Or only when connected to Bluetooth - a pair of headphones or a speaker?

Keep us posted!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I've tried different wi-fi networks and no wi-fi. Same issues. Same with Bluetooth or no Bluetooth. I also download my liked songs to my phone if that makes a difference. My spotify did get am update this week and I thought it had improved but there are still the same issues. The song time keeps going after the song ends with no sound. Lots of pauses. Etc.. between songs. 

Hi @Skyborg,

Thanks for all the info so far. So that we can get a more firm grasp on the exact behaviour, could you send us a screen recording showing the exact issues? If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts