Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify music playing on its own!

Spotify music playing on its own!

There seems to be an issue with my Spotify app on my Google Pixel 6 whereby the app begins to play music on its own, often in the middle of the night when I am not using the phone! I have uninstalled the app many times, checked to see if anyone else is logged in (nobody is), and rebooted the phone but it still happens.

The only way I can stop it is by turning the phone off overnight or logging out of the app. Any help would be fab!

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 6

Operating System

Android

7 Replies

Hi there @eplester,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We'd like you to start with heading over to this article and follow the steps that provided in it to make sure there's no unauthorized activity on your account.

Let us know if it makes any changes. 

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the exact same problem! I've got a Google Pixel 3a XL. It's only started in the last couple of days in the middle of the night. I put my phone on loud last night just to see what time the music started playing and it was about midnight. I checked the available devices and there were none available apart from my own home devices (Google Home etc). I have also recently cleared all the logged in devices so am nearly 100% sure that it wasn't anybody else using my account.

Hi there @hannahgbuckley,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the information you've provided.

We still suggest that you follow the steps that's provided above in the article to be on the safe side.

Another useful step to try is to perform a clean reinstall of the app as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there, I have done all the above suggestions and I am still having the problem of Spotify randomly starting to play (always in the middle of the night and it seems to be exactly on the hour if that is any help). When I have looked at the time it has been exactly 12 midnight and 4am on the dot. It starts playing whatever I was last listening to. I have also noticed that Spotify now starts playing my music/podcast as soon as I open the app which never used to happen - I used to have to press play but now it happens automatically as soon as the app is open so I don't know if this is related.

I have to turn my phone off at night but this means I cannot use my alarm, and I feel happier having my phone on at night in case of an emergency. 

Do you have any more suggestions of what may be causing this? @eplester are you still having this problem as well?

Hey @hannahgbuckley,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

To keep investigating this issue, we'll need more info. It would be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member and leave it logged overnight to see if the issue persists with a different account. 

In case that you don't have another account available, you can create a new one with a different email address. This will help us understand if the issue could be account related or not.

Keep us posted. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just experienced the same issue while my phone wasn't even in use as I was playing a game on PS5. WTH caused this to happen? I will stop using Spotify if this continues. 

It's not our account nor is it our phone.  I have a Pixel 6 and it has been doing this ever since the program was installed. In fact it just did it.  The phone has been sitting by itself all day. 

Suggested posts