Premium

Country

UK

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

KDE neon 6.0

My Question or Issue

I saw something about a miniplayer being added to spotify desktop, but cannot access it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling spotify, closing it and reopening it, but with no luck. Is there anything else I can try?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Miniplayer requires client version 1.2.32.x or higher.

As of today's date, all current snap releases do NOT support miniplayer (v1.2.31.x). The DEB STABLE release matches that version, however the TESTING branch is now at 1.2.37.x and DOES support the miniplayer (assuming it's also enabled for your account).

Switching to the TESTING branch and installing the current latest version (as of today, anyway...) will get you started. The miniplayer icon also does not always display until the client has been opened and exited multiple times after updating to a supported client version. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello,

Welcome to the Spotify community!

I read a little about this update and found an article that might help you, as it is specifically for the desktop!

Click here to check it out.

Keep me updated if you still have questions!

ribezazRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I saw that article too, its how I found out about the miniplayer. I dont have access to it though. I've tried updating but it says I'm on the latest version, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling with no luck.

This is what I see where the miniplayer should be:

EchoG_0-1716389291092.png

Hello! Sorry for the delay in responding.

I recommend you do a clean reinstallation of the application, and you can check that here.

Also, was the app you installed from the Microsoft store or directly from the Spotify website? I recommend installing directly from the website, as that is where the latest updates come from, if a clean reinstallation doesn't work!

Keep me informed! 🙂

ribezazRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't have access to the Microsoft store, I'm on Linux. It was downloaded from the Spotify Debian repository here:

https://www.spotify.com/de-en/download/linux/ 

I've done a clean install, as well as trying the snap version, and it hasn't worked.

Marked as solution

Miniplayer requires client version 1.2.32.x or higher.

As of today's date, all current snap releases do NOT support miniplayer (v1.2.31.x). The DEB STABLE release matches that version, however the TESTING branch is now at 1.2.37.x and DOES support the miniplayer (assuming it's also enabled for your account).

Switching to the TESTING branch and installing the current latest version (as of today, anyway...) will get you started. The miniplayer icon also does not always display until the client has been opened and exited multiple times after updating to a supported client version. 

Suggested posts