Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Polish translation mistake

Hi, my name is Dominik and I live in Poland. Today I saw upsetting translation mistake at author profile.Here is a screenshot of this (bigger resolution -https://imgur.com/BxpLaNj)If author is male, the correct form is "Obserwowany".If author is fema...

Screenshot 2016-05-25 22-55-06.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Hi, my name is Dominik and I live in Poland. Today I saw upsetting translation mistake at author profile. Here is a screenshot of this (bigger resolution -https://imgur.com/BxpLaNj) ...
  • fernandezcojonz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I didn't get the new update?

I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?

• Music Fan
  • I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?
  • tomtho
  • 43 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 3 likes

Forward reverse buttons stop working on Macbook after update

Brief description of the issue: Forward and Reverse button not working any more in either other window or Spotify Window. Dont know after what specific version. Steps to reproduce the issue:First I did this Updating to latsest sw on oth OS and Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Forward and Reverse button not working any more in either other window or Spotify Window. Dont know after what specific version.   Steps to reproduce the issue:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Forward
    OSX Sierra
    reverse
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists updating only directly from albums

Hi,I noticed that for the last month or so my RPA only update when I listen to songs directly from an artist's page. If I listen to a playlist, it won't add any artists to my RPA. Is this going to be updated? I much preferred when the playlist artist...

• Hi, I noticed that for the last month or so my RPA only update when I listen to songs directly from an artist's page. If I listen to a playlist, it won't add any artists to my RPA. Is this goin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs chopped half way.... PLEASE HELP!

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I have noticed few tracks from my albums chopped half way.... not cool....

• Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I have noticed few tracks from my albums chopped half way.... not cool....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The buttons (send invite) for the premium family account are not loading

I am not able to invite members to my premium family account because the screen is just white, the buttons or text are not populated or loaded correctly. I cannot use the account properly.

• I am not able to invite members to my premium family account because the screen is just white, the buttons or text are not populated or loaded correctly. I cannot use the account properly. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Mac Update: AppleScript support removed

The new version released for Mac (1.0.1.805.gd2412973) has had its support for AppleScript removed. I had written scripts to implement functionality that allowed me to control my music using headphone controls. Can you please bring this AppleScript s...

• Regular
  • The new version released for Mac (1.0.1.805.gd2412973) has had its support for AppleScript removed. I had written scripts to implement functionality that allowed me to control my music using hea...
  • vitaevitaevitae
  • 19 replies
  • 20 likes
  • Mac
  • 19 replies
  • 20 likes

All of my playlists were just deleted!

All of my playlists were just suddenly deleted! I was listening on the Mac desktop app and Spotify stopped playing. I noticed that 'Listening on' was showing an unknown iPhone. When I quit and restarted, all of my playlists were missing and replaced ...

• Casual Listener
  • All of my playlists were just suddenly deleted!    I was listening on the Mac desktop app and Spotify stopped playing.   I noticed that 'Listening on' was showing an unknown i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It showed up the message that can't play the current song

I got the problem that I couldn't play the song in my Apple Mac computer but in my mobile it still can play What should I do ?

• I got the problem that I couldn't play the song in my Apple Mac computer but in my mobile it still can play   What should I do ?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Applescript Bugs

Hi. I've found two bugs with the Applescript support, valid in the latest version, 1.0.3.101: 1. the "artwork" returned for the "current track" is always null. It used to work before, but I don't exactly in which version it stopped working: 2. the "p...

missingArtwork.png playerPositionSpotify.png playerPositioniTunes.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi.    I've found two bugs with the Applescript support, valid in the latest version, 1.0.3.101:     1. the "artwork" returned for the "current track" is always null. It used ...
  • Kaffeefahrt
  • 29 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Mac
  • 29 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Orgunizing

Trying to geat My lists of musik orderd. Help! I’m on a Mac computer.

• Trying to geat My lists of musik orderd. Help! I’m on a Mac computer.
  • matilda1awesome
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect on mac os sierra does not find my zeppelin air

hi i dont know how i can finally find a solution for my problem.i have premium spotify an i can find on all my devises ( iphone 5 & 6, ipad, ) my b&w zeppelin air.... but if i would find to connect on my mac desktop spotify connect app die zeppelin a...

• hi i dont know how i can finally find a solution for my problem. i have premium spotify an i can find on all my devises ( iphone 5 & 6, ipad, ) my b&w zeppelin air.... but if i would find to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to start radio

Hello. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.6. Whenever I try to add an artist or album to my radio or station, I get a message that says "This radio station cannot be started." Can anyo...

• Visitor
  • Hello. Any help on this would be much appreciated.   I'm using Spotify on a MacBook Pro, running Sierra 10.12.6.   Whenever I try to add an artist or album to my radio or station, I get...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working from my Mac but working from my iPhone

Hello,I just bought a Premium subscription for Spotify but I ran into a problem :I use a Marantz M-CR511 to stream my music wirelessly, I can stream with AirPlay from both my Mac and my iPhone without problem but I can only use Spotify Connect from m...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I just bought a Premium subscription for Spotify but I ran into a problem : I use a Marantz M-CR511 to stream my music wirelessly, I can stream with AirPlay from both my Mac and my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop App won't load

I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13, and when I open Spotify, the app opens to a black screen and the loading graphic keeps revolving without ever loading the app. The app only shows the dots arranged in a circle continuing to refresh but without lo...

• I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13, and when I open Spotify, the app opens to a black screen and the loading graphic keeps revolving without ever loading the app. The app only shows the dots arrang...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

BUG searching within saved playlist (command + F)

When doing a filtered search inside a saved playlist (using command + F), on a long enough playlist it will not resize the scroll window to the # of results. Meaning if you were scrolled to the range of ~ 200-250 on a long playlist prior to your sear...

• When doing a filtered search inside a saved playlist (using command + F), on a long enough playlist it will not resize the scroll window to the # of results. Meaning if you were scrolled to the range...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radiohead - King Of Limbs, won't play. Error message: "this song is not available"

Hello everybody, I'm a premium user of spotify, I use it all the time and today I stumbled upon this very annoying bug. Almost all of the songs of Radioheads album The King Of Limbs won't play. I get the error message that "this song is not available...

• Hello everybody,   I'm a premium user of spotify, I use it all the time and today I stumbled upon this very annoying bug. Almost all of the songs of Radioheads album The King Of Limbs won't pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed?

Before I updated my spotify the friend feed disappeared. I updated the app and it still didn't show. I double checked my settings that the Friend Feed tab was green. I tried uninstalling and re-installing then checked the settings again. I still can'...

• Before I updated my spotify the friend feed disappeared. I updated the app and it still didn't show. I double checked my settings that the Friend Feed tab was green. I tried uninstalling and re-insta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Music Friday

Is there a way to find the New Music Friday playlists for every country? I found quite a lot of them that I now follow but I have a feeling I miss some that I would still like to follow. Is there any way I could find all of them, maybe a list with al...

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to find the New Music Friday playlists for every country? I found quite a lot of them that I now follow but I have a feeling I miss some that I would still like to follow. Is there any...
  • jarredmorley
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not available message

Tried all the SOLVED solutions. All sources are unchecked, have reinstalled Spotify. Still won't play tunes that I have on my iTunes even though it's disconnected. **bleep**?

• Casual Listener
  • Tried all the SOLVED solutions. All sources are unchecked, have reinstalled Spotify. Still won't play tunes that I have on my iTunes even though it's disconnected. **bleep**?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes