Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Local Files vs. Spotify Files

Is there a reason why I can't play songs on my playlist that are sourced through Spotify? They seem to only play if I use my phone. But when I try to play on my laptop they are not available. Is it a coincidence that the songs that won't play are als...

• Is there a reason why I can't play songs on my playlist that are sourced through Spotify? They seem to only play if I use my phone. But when I try to play on my laptop they are not available.  I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Your Music' Songs not loading

'Your Music' -> Songs shows no songs:'Your Music' -> Albums loads indefinitely'Your Music' -> Artists loads indefinitelyAll other functionality (playlists, search...) works fine. 'Your Music' works fine on my iPhone app too. I've tried reinstalling S...

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 4.12.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 4.13.43 PM.png
  • 'Your Music' -> Songs shows no songs: 'Your Music' -> Albums loads indefinitely 'Your Music' -> Artists loads indefinitely All other functionality (playlists, search...) w...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After the latest update, Spotify (Mac) desktop doesn't plays music anymore

This morning I updated Spotify on my Mac laptop (OS X 10.9.5) to the lastest version (0.9.14.13.gba5645ad), but after that Spotify doesn't play any songs anymore; not from my own playlists nor from Spotify's own playlists. I constantely get the messa...

• Casual Listener
  • This morning I updated Spotify on my Mac laptop (OS X 10.9.5) to the lastest version (0.9.14.13.gba5645ad), but after that Spotify doesn't play any songs anymore; not from my own playlists nor from S...
  • 59 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 59 replies
  • 3 likes

Mac client stutter when doing other things

Been fighting this problem a while now and I'm not sure what to do anymore. Spotify running on my iMac doesn't seem to be a happy bunny. I've tried the 'ol re-install. So what's happening, the sound quality seems pretty poor, I have tried the various...

• Casual Listener
  • Been fighting this problem a while now and I'm not sure what to do anymore.   Spotify running on my iMac doesn't seem to be a happy bunny. I've tried the 'ol re-install. So what's happening,...
  • cedb
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! My starred playlist is gone

After I updated the app my starred playlist was gone, I had so many great songs there, where did they go? I do need to start all over again????

• Casual Listener
  • After I updated the app my starred playlist was gone, I had so many great songs there, where did they go? I do need to start all over again????  
  • raafael23
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not playing

I have spotify premium and I always play my songs thru my phone, but this time when I play one of my playlist it says im not connected to my internet, other playlist are working fine... When I connect to the internet all songs are promt to download, ...

• I have spotify premium and I always play my songs thru my phone, but this time when I play one of my playlist it says im not connected to my internet, other playlist are working fine... When I connec...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Add songs from iTunes anymore

In the past I have been able to drap and drop songs from my iTunes that aren't on Spotify into playlists and they play as local files. Recently, though, I haven't been able to add any of my local files! Both iTunes and Spotify are fully up to date. C...

• In the past I have been able to drap and drop songs from my iTunes that aren't on Spotify into playlists and they play as local files. Recently, though, I haven't been able to add any of my local fil...
  • Grant_kh
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Error message: "There was an error posting to... spotify"

As strange as it could be I'm having this error on iOS 9.3 Spotify App. Any ideas? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset all social connections, still having this error.

• Visitor
  • As strange as it could be I'm having this error on iOS 9.3 Spotify App. Any ideas? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reset all social connections, still having this error.
  • squinter
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes

Wrong song in bottom left. Not song that is playing.

I'll play a song but the thumbnail and the Arists/ Song name are not correct. Even when I click LYRICS it takes me to the wrong song. Is this happening to anyone else? Also, I'm experiencing other bugs. I can't drag and drop local files. Things are t...

• Music Fan
  • I'll play a song but the thumbnail and the Arists/ Song name are not correct.   Even when I click LYRICS it takes me to the wrong song. Is this happening to anyone else?    Also...
  • mexicansl00t
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Last.FM account sync dissappears from player options

Problem I have with Spotify desktop player is that all the time my saved Last.fm account information disappears from my settings/preferences and nothing is scrobbled at some point when that info is lost. Can't notice it when exaclty that happens- aft...

• Casual Listener
  • Problem I have with Spotify desktop player is that all the time my saved Last.fm account information disappears from my settings/preferences and nothing is scrobbled at some point when that info is l...
  • lightscellar
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App zaps and blinks and wont play music

My spotify app wondow on macbook pro blinks and zaps like crazy and will not play songs. Anyone with similary problem?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app wondow on macbook pro blinks and zaps like crazy and will not play songs. Anyone with similary problem?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue where Spotify returns to the top of the site when going back

Starting about 2 weeks ago, Spotify changed where when I'm browsing an artist or playlist and hit the back button to go back to the previous page, the page scroll automatically goes all the way to the top. It's really annoying because sometimes I'm h...

• Casual Listener
  • Starting about 2 weeks ago, Spotify changed where when I'm browsing an artist or playlist and hit the back button to go back to the previous page, the page scroll automatically goes all the way to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't start (Mac)

So, my spotify all of a sudden decided not to work anymore. When I open the app it won't go any further than shown on the pic below. When i close it, it says the app is not responding, so I force close it, and try again with the same result. I've rei...

Skærmbillede 2016-07-20 kl. 15.32.38.png
  • So, my spotify all of a sudden decided not to work anymore. When I open the app it won't go any further than shown on the pic below. When i close it, it says the app is not responding, so I force clo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Logged out and now not premium

I was logged out of my spotify (not sure why) and when I logged back in it said I only had a "free" subscirption and all but 10 songs were gone.

• I was logged out of my spotify (not sure why) and when I logged back in it said I only had a "free" subscirption and all but 10 songs were gone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The ability to sort followed artists

When I'm in my user profile, I can view all of the artists/users I follow. Is there any way to alphabetize/sort this list to make it actually navigable?

• Music Fan
  • When I'm in my user profile, I can view all of the artists/users I follow. Is there any way to alphabetize/sort this list to make it actually navigable? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac app looses focus in text field when typing an inbox message

Brief description of the issue:I was typing a message in the inbox and the app kept loosing focus in the text field. I would notice it as I would hit space and the music would stop and I could see some of my last letters were not typed. Steps to repr...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: I was typing a message in the inbox and the app kept loosing focus in the text field. I would notice it as I would hit space and the music would stop and I could see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my playlists just went missing!!! Please help

Was updating some playlists on my deskstop app and all of my playlists just disappeared. How do I recover them?

• Was updating some playlists on my deskstop app and all of my playlists just disappeared.  How do I recover them?
  • Jakesafirstein
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot share a playlist with user I'm following

I found my friend's profile and followed her. However, when I open a playlist and click Share --> Send to, I can't find her name or username. Please help!

• I found my friend's profile and followed her. However, when I open a playlist and click Share --> Send to, I can't find her name or username. Please help!  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes