Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible Solution for Blank Screen problem

Possible Solution for Blank Screen problem

So for a whole month I was having issues with the Spotify desktop app loading up. It would take me to a blank screen. There were many solutions and threads where some people tried all the fixes suggested and it didn't work out for them. I was one of those people and this was how I fixed it and maybe others will find this helpful as well. I am not saying that this will guaruntee a fix but it could lead you to some kind of solution. 

1. Open up spotify
    • If it opens up right away, but gives you a blank screen, try to open up the spotify web helper as well 
    • If you have the Windows store app, check to see if your pointer has a flashing hour glass (this means it is trying to open the program but something is preventing it from doing so).
  2. Run Task manager
    • Locate spotify.exe
    • Expand by click it once
    • If there are any weird outside programs running alongside, try to disable them as they can be preventing spotify from running properly
  3. Disable any outside services preventing Spotify from running
    • either go to your start menu and search "run" or press the windows button on your keyboard and r simulatneously
    • type "services.msc"
    • Locate the program that is preventing the app from opening properly

I personally use AVG TuneUp and it was preventing spotify from working properly. You might have a similar case but the process should still be the same. Hope this helps.
0 Replies

Suggested posts