Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Hotkey for Thumbs up or down

I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs to get done. Blockify and Toastify don't seem to imp...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs t...
  • Mobuos
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

No audio

I just got spotify on my PC today and whenever I go to play a song it just plays nothing, it says the song is playing but there is no audio whatsoever. I checked and other programmes work so I don't have a clue

• I just got spotify on my PC today and whenever I go to play a song it just plays nothing, it says the song is playing but there is no audio whatsoever. I checked and other programmes work so I don't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find songs that I was able to listen.

Hi there all.I have a little problem with my spotify in win10. On my mobil app I can listen any songs that i choose to my list, but a few weeks later I discovered that, I can't listen some of them on win10. What can I do to fix this issue.Thanks for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there all. I have a little problem with my spotify in win10. On my mobil app I can listen any songs that i choose to my list, but a few weeks later I discovered that, I can't listen some of ...
  • Ragnar0203
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Space Bar Glitch

Just started today. but whenever I press the space bar outside of the spotify window such as you know anytime you need to type a sentence my music will continuously stop and start. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried to look for somewhere...

• Just started today. but whenever I press the space bar outside of the spotify window such as you know anytime you need to type a sentence my music will continuously stop and start. I t...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Scroll Bar Not Visible

New look utilizes a dark gray scroll bar on a black background. Older monitors (non HD) do not show it at all and tablet PC can't be viewed in sunlight. Really Spotify you didnlt think about making it a more contrasting color.

• New look utilizes a dark gray scroll bar on a black background. Older monitors (non HD) do not show it at all and tablet PC can't be viewed in sunlight. Really Spotify you didnlt think about making i...
  • siestakey21
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 52 likes
  • Windows
  • 61 replies
  • 52 likes

Equaliser on Desktop using Headphones

I know that there are ways to get up the equaliser on Windows in the sound settings, but I can't find a way to do it whilst using headphones. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know

• I know that there are ways to get up the equaliser on Windows in the sound settings, but I can't find a way to do it whilst using headphones. If anyone knows a solution, please let me know 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recover Playlists error

I listen to Spotify via apps on a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone. I create playlists primarily via the laptop and sometimes delete them but want to recover them later. When I attempt to recover an accidentally deleted playlist, I receive an e...

• I listen to Spotify via apps on a Windows 10 laptop and an Android phone. I create playlists primarily via the laptop and sometimes delete them but want to recover them later.   When I attempt...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify's New Releases page curated by your listening habits?

I'm not really getting all the songs that matters right now (e.g. big artist new singles, sometimes one shows up, not all) It could be inconsistency sometimes, sometimes it will show up tracks that from artists, genres I don't even care. And obv not ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm not really getting all the songs that matters right now (e.g. big artist new singles, sometimes one shows up, not all) It could be inconsistency sometimes, sometimes it will show up tracks that f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • algorithm
    curation
    Friday
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

If I cancelled premium would I be able join again a few months later

• If I cancelled premium would I be able join again a few months later
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps removing songs I've added from my library

I keep finding that songs that I've added to my library have been removed. I'll be scrolling through a playlist of mine and notice that a couple songs have the '+' next to them instead of the checkmark, even though I know I added that song a long tim...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep finding that songs that I've added to my library have been removed. I'll be scrolling through a playlist of mine and notice that a couple songs have the '+' next to them instead of the checkma...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 18 likes

Setup a cache for faster mobile downloads

So, I'm the kind of guy that constantly is messing around with the ROMs on his phone, but it kills me that I have to download my whole library everytime I do a clean flash. So I wanted to ask, is there a way to speed up the transfer process by creati...

• Regular
  • So, I'm the kind of guy that constantly is messing around with the ROMs on his phone, but it kills me that I have to download my whole library everytime I do a clean flash. So I wanted to ask, is the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Public Playlists

I have a lot of playlists in Spotify, and I like having the ability to display them all publicly on my profile. However, I recently exceeded 200 public playlists, and it only shows the first 200 playlists publicly on my profile. I wish there was a wa...

• I have a lot of playlists in Spotify, and I like having the ability to display them all publicly on my profile. However, I recently exceeded 200 public playlists, and it only shows the first 200 p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Several issues with latest update

Hi all, This new update brought a huge change to Spotify's user interface, at least for desktop users. I normally enjoy updates like this, but this one seems to have made the app take several steps back. I honestly thought it was malware or an illega...

01.png 02.png
  • Music Fan
  • Hi all,   This new update brought a huge change to Spotify's user interface, at least for desktop users. I normally enjoy updates like this, but this one seems to have made the app take severa...
  • chiefjoboo
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • local files
    skin
    Windows 10
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Synchronise Private Mode

Hey! I'm just posting this in Windows, but it applies to all platforms. It would be nice if you turned on private mode on one device, it would turn it on for all other devices on your account. I have times where I switch from my laptop to my phone, a...

• Regular
  • Hey!   I'm just posting this in Windows, but it applies to all platforms. It would be nice if you turned on private mode on one device, it would turn it on for all other devices on your accoun...
  • tencents12
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PHOTO FOR SPOTIFY PLAYLIST DOES NOT SEND

You have a photo of the Spotify playlist, but it always goes wrong: "This image is too small. It should be at least 300x300".

• You have a photo of the Spotify playlist, but it always goes wrong: "This image is too small. It should be at least 300x300".
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Enable menu / title bar option is missing

The Menu / Title bar is missing from the Windows desktop app. I am running it on a PC, not a mobile device so no need for this option to be hidden. Now it is less convenient to click into these menus. Please add an option to re-enable this functional...

• Regular
  • The Menu / Title bar is missing from the Windows desktop app. I am running it on a PC, not a mobile device so no need for this option to be hidden. Now it is less convenient to click into these menus...
  • sf159753
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

No song is playable anymore on Win10

Hi,since today no song is playable anymore on Win10.I have a premium account.Already tried everything from help page concerning playback issues (https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/troubleshooting/playback-issues/) but nothing helps.That's l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, since today no song is playable anymore on Win10. I have a premium account. Already tried everything from help page concerning playback issues (https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/tro...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling Problem with Spotify Windows

I've been having issues with shuffling. Example let's say my first song on my shuffle playlist is Bee Gees Stayin Alive then the second song is Elton John Your song. I figure cool its shuffling then seconds later The Bee Gees song stayin alive plays ...

• I've been having issues with shuffling. Example let's say my first song on my shuffle playlist is Bee Gees Stayin Alive then the second song is Elton John Your song. I figure cool its shuffling then ...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound problem

If i change my windows to other apps my spotify will becomes smaller

• If i change my windows to other apps my spotify will becomes smaller
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies