Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 246 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Store Version of Spotify doesn't display certain characters properly

It seems like the umlaut displays properly in some cases, and in others, it displays this gibberish:This is on the Windows Store Version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc

spotify text display.PNG
  • Regular
  • It seems like the umlaut displays properly in some cases, and in others, it displays this gibberish: This is on the Windows Store Version 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Old queue keeps coming back

For over a week now an old queue of aroung 50 songs I made keeps reappearing whenever it feels like on both my PC and my android. I have deleted this que over 8 times and listened through the whole thing 3 times and still it returns. I have uninstall...

• For over a week now an old queue of aroung 50 songs I made keeps reappearing whenever it feels like on both my PC and my android. I have deleted this que over 8 times and listened through the whole t...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution How to remove all songs from the local files

HiMy music library is a bit messed up. I want to remove all songs from my library/local files on the desktop Spotify app. I have tried various methods I found on the internet, but none of them worked for me? Also, I have already turned off the folder...

• Hi My music library is a bit messed up.  I want to remove all songs from my library/local files on the desktop Spotify app.  I have tried various methods  I found on the internet, but...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Log in issues. Error 3 and Error 1003. Spotify authentication error.

My coworkers and I are having a log in issue. Between us we have 3 spotify accounts. 2 windows laptops. On laptop 1, me and coworker K were happily able to log in and out of our accounts for whenever we were working. One day I found it wouldnt let me...

• Casual Listener
  • My coworkers and I are having a log in issue. Between us we have 3 spotify accounts. 2 windows laptops.   On laptop 1, me and coworker K were happily able to log in and out of our accounts for...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Cant play the current song"

After I open the application, about 1-3 minutes in, this message appears on the window and not a single song will play until I restart. Restarting doesn't fix it though, it just lets me play music for another 1-3 minutes until it happens again. Tried...

• After I open the application, about 1-3 minutes in, this message appears on the window and not a single song will play until I restart. Restarting doesn't fix it though, it just lets me play music fo...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Ability to search my playlists to control song repetition across playlists?

I have over 100 playlists that I create for my bike classes. I want to keep track of how often I use a particular song by knowing the playlists that I have added it to. How can I search the playlists that I created to see how many times I have used t...

• I have over 100 playlists that I create for my bike classes. I want to keep track of how often I use a particular song by knowing the playlists that I have added it to. How can I search the playlists...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Login repeat

It asks me to log in when opening the web app. when i do the webpage changes to where it should go to home but the screen only shows half of the logo and asks to login again. If i click home or my music it goes to those pages and shows my account in ...

• It asks me to log in when opening the web app. when i do the webpage changes to where it should go to home but the screen only shows half of the logo and asks to login again. If i click home or my mu...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable To Play Songs From Album Page

Hello, I have Spotify installed from the Windows store, version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 installed on Windows 10, version 1709. I found today that I am unable to play any songs from an Album's page, and this goes for both the play button for the entire a...

• Hello, I have Spotify installed from the Windows store, version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 installed on Windows 10, version 1709.   I found today that I am unable to play any songs from an Albu...
  • Makhnovist
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Local files too loud

Hi,the local files in my spotify playing louder than the normal spotify songs.The option "play all songs with same volume" dont work with local files i think.. Is there a solution?Sry for my english. Thank you for your Answers!

• Hi, the local files in my spotify playing louder than the normal spotify songs. The option "play all songs with same volume" dont work with local files i think..   Is there a solution? Sry ...
  • Pal1ndrome
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Guide: How to fix "no sound" on Windows 10 with desktop-app

Okay, so I was getting this error every once in awhile where my audio cuts out and I have to either logout or restart to get my audio working again. This is on Windows 10 and the Spotify desktop-app. However, I think I have found a simple quick fix: ...

• Okay, so I was getting this error every once in awhile where my audio cuts out and I have to either logout or restart to get my audio working again.  This is on Windows 10 and the Spotify deskto...
  • Vace
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify starts at boot up without permission

I have selected 'no' in Startup and Windows behaviour settings but Spotify still opens at random boot ups. How is that possible?This only started to happen a month ago when I upgraded to Win10 fall creators update

• Music Fan
  • I have selected 'no' in Startup and Windows behaviour settings but Spotify still opens at random boot ups. How is that possible? This only started to happen a month ago when I upgraded to Win10 fall...
  • LeoRager
  • Community Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows App and Android App are acting weird

All of a sudden, Spotify in my PC and Android started to delete songs and redownload them, at a big scale. I'm talking 70 songs, some times up to 200. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any possible solutions? Is Spotify aware of this error? ...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden, Spotify in my PC and Android started to delete songs and redownload them, at a big scale. I'm talking 70 songs, some times up to 200. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any p...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    huge problem
    redownloading
    windows app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hidden Songs?

While looking for a certain sertain song/album (Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles) I noticed that, while I'm using the web app, I can access the album but when I try to search it on the desktop app they become impossible to find. I was also able to a...

• Casual Listener
  • While looking for a certain sertain song/album (Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles) I noticed that, while I'm using the web app, I can access the album but when I try to search it on the desktop ...
  • Craken88
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't start minimized

Hello, My Spotify won't start minimized at all on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit latest edition. I have reinstalled it multiple times, I installed the Windows Store app, and nothing works. It still pops up every time I reboot my computer and it won't start mi...

• Hello,   My Spotify won't start minimized at all on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit latest edition. I have reinstalled it multiple times, I installed the Windows Store app, and nothing works. It still p...
  • bombgen
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Problems with playlist on windows spotify and web spotify

HiI have a problem with my account. I created a favourite playlist with some music. When I listen to the music from spotify app from my android phone, everything is ok. But when I listen from windows spotify or web spotify on my laptop there are some...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a problem with my account. I created a favourite playlist with some music. When I listen to the music from spotify app from my android phone, everything is ok. But when I listen from windo...
  • goznerg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Spotify app cannot locate other device within my wifi networks

I have a Google Home and Chromecast connected to my wifi network. However, when those devices are online, I often cannot find them on my device list through Spotify. Is there a fix?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Google Home and Chromecast connected to my wifi network. However, when those devices are online, I often cannot find them on my device list through Spotify. Is there a fix? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorites Playlist

I know that i have more than just 50 songs liked, but my Favorites playlist says I only have 50 songs. Am I only allowed to like 50 songs at once or what is going on?

• I know that i have more than just 50 songs liked, but my Favorites playlist says I only have 50 songs. Am I only allowed to like 50 songs at once or what is going on?
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify congela toda la PC Windows 10.

¡Hola!La cuestion es que tengo una biblioteca muy amplia de musica en la PC, y cuando la quiero cargar en los Archivos Locales de Spotify, este se congela y hace que toda la PC deje de responder y tengo que reinciarla desde la CPU porque ni siquiera ...

• Regular
  • ¡Hola! La cuestion es que tengo una biblioteca muy amplia de musica en la PC, y cuando la quiero cargar en los Archivos Locales de Spotify, este se congela y hace que toda la PC deje de responder y ...
  • primolenny
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • congela
    Crash
    musica
    Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify Desktop - Non-duplicate playlist naming issue

Having an issue where the Spotify desktop app adds a 2 to the end of brand new, non-duped playlists. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Visitor
  • Having an issue where the Spotify desktop app adds a 2 to the end of brand new, non-duped playlists. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes