Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mutes All Programs

Spotify Mutes All Programs

Hello

The problem is that when i start spotify app and have for example a youtube video in the background playing and then turns on a song i can hear everything fine, but as soon as i pause spotify all the sound from my apps just gets muted (games, youtube, skype). But as soon as i play the music again i all the sound comes back. 

And if i close spotify while music is paused all the sound is muted untill i restart my computer or start playing a song on spotify. But if i close spotify while listening to music all the sound is working fine. 

This problem pretty much f**** everything up, i am not allowed to watch a youtube video without having to close spotify?

By the way i am using win 10 on a desktop with some bluetooth headphones (don't know the name).

Edit: i have noticed this problem only happens with my desktop headphones and not with other headphones/speakers. But the thing is that i have used spotify and these headphones for over a year without any problems. And since all other music programs work fine, spotify should be the problem right?

1 Reply

Hey @0x1h-qjnk_ug0, welcome to the community!

It's odd that this is heppening when you pause Spotify.

Let's try reinstalling Spotify on your device to see if it helps. You can also try turning off Hardware Acceleration under View to test it out.

I suggest making sure your sound drivers are up to date as well.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts