Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc broke Toastify global shortcuts

Hi there, the recent update of 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc has caused Toastify's global shortcut keys function to stop working. The global hotkey function is absolutely important to me as I am mostly working on my laptop in fullscreen mode and I do not have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, the recent update of 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc has caused Toastify's global shortcut keys function to stop working. The global hotkey function is absolutely important to me as I am mostly w...
  • adenicolas70
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 38 likes

Spotify automatically switches songs

Spotify autimatically switches songs and I can not stop it. It feels like something was pressing the "next" button all the time.

• Spotify autimatically switches songs and I can not stop it. It feels like something was pressing the "next" button all the time. 
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Shuffle - I'm sick of it.

I've had it up to here with the shuffle function. I've been hearing the same ~20 songs over and over again over the past 2 weeks out of a playlist of 350. This is not random. I've always kind of heard the same songs but it flew over my head. Now the ...

• Regular
  • I've had it up to here with the shuffle function. I've been hearing the same ~20 songs over and over again over the past 2 weeks out of a playlist of 350. This is not random. I've always kind of...
  • murloc26
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Fullscreen mode is glitching

Brief description of the issue:After launching Spotify (in fullscreen) there is little glitch in 2 versions.1. There is transparent 1px line at the bottom. Kinda painful to see it. 2. Sometimes there is bold white bar at the top instead. And whole sp...

2018-04-08 (2).png 2018-04-08 (4).png
  • Regular
  • Brief description of the issue: After launching Spotify (in fullscreen) there is little glitch in 2 versions. 1. There is transparent 1px line at the bottom. Kinda painful to see it. 2. Sometim...
  • Aztek92
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    fullscreen
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Windows 10 disable auto startup

Since the last upgrade Spotify (free version) starts every time I turn on the computer. This is really aggravating. When I want it on, I'll turn it on. Otherwise don't mess with my computer. Could you please advise how to disable this automatic start...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last upgrade Spotify (free version) starts every time I turn on the computer.  This is really aggravating.  When I want it on, I'll turn it on.  Otherwise don't mess with my ...
  • JPVann
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes

cant move tracks in a playlist

Im working from a PC Windows as well as android and cant seem to move tracks inside a playlist that I created. This is super frustrating. I need to be able to arrange them according to exercises for my group classes. There has to be a way to do this....

• Casual Listener
  • Im working from a PC Windows as well as android and cant seem to move tracks inside a playlist that I created. This is super frustrating. I need to be able to arrange them according to exercises for ...
  • fitandhappy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant listen an album from Windows App

Hi Guys,I can play all songs but except one album. Even that album doesn't have any geo restrictions to my locationhttps://open.spotify.com/album/4K6qf6ZXnMl9k0ERdp1Inn?si=ff-SY-_SS4eLwvuLIe17CQ here is the album and I am using the latest Windows Sto...

• Hi Guys, I can play all songs but except one album. Even that album doesn't have any geo restrictions to my location https://open.spotify.com/album/4K6qf6ZXnMl9k0ERdp1Inn?si=ff-SY-_SS4eLw...
  • aaron_a_c
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify replaces Songs with local files

Hi! Ever since I added a song called 'Try not to love everything you destroy' from An Autumn for crippled children, their song 'Try not to destroy everything you love' has been replaced and I can't open the right version. (For Understanding: the orig...

• Hi! Ever since I added a song called 'Try not to love everything you destroy' from An Autumn for crippled children, their song 'Try not to destroy everything you love' has been replaced and I can't o...
  • superexcellent1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dimmu Borgir In Sorte Diaboli Missing from Album List

Hi guys, as the title suggested, In Sorte Diaboli is missing from my Spotify, is this some sort of location or licensing issue? Every other album is available.

• Regular
  • Hi guys,    as the title suggested, In Sorte Diaboli is missing from my Spotify, is this some sort of location or licensing issue? Every other album is available.
  • Prawnapple
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • available
    music
    not
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium üye için Bu şarkı kullanılamıyor hatası

Premium üyeyim. Daha önceleri bilgisayarımdan spotify kullanabiliyordum ancak şu an telefonumda kullanabiliyorum başka bilgisayarlarda da kullanabiliyorum bir tek kendi bilgisayarımda kullanamıyorum. Bu şarkı kullanılamıyor dosya bilgisayarında varsa...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium üyeyim. Daha önceleri bilgisayarımdan spotify kullanabiliyordum ancak şu an telefonumda kullanabiliyorum başka bilgisayarlarda da kullanabiliyorum bir tek kendi bilgisayarımda kullanamıyorum....
  • Sercan08
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Same random songs interrupting playlists

I've been having a weird issue the past 2 weeks. Recently, on desktop and iOS whenever a start listening to a playlist I have created or saved, the second song played is ALWAYS "November" by Tyler, the Creator, but it's not on any of my playlists, I ...

• I've been having a weird issue the past 2 weeks. Recently, on desktop and iOS whenever a start listening to a playlist I have created or saved, the second song played is ALWAYS "November" by Tyler, t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect to the spotify servers

Hello there, My problem is, that i can't connect to the spotify servers. This problem same to desktop application, to android app (same network via wifi) and to spotify web player (tried with 3 browsers). At this moment i live in the university dormi...

• Hello there,   My problem is, that i can't connect to the spotify servers. This problem same to desktop application, to android app (same network via wifi) and to spotify web player (tried wit...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to see all tracks from an artist

I want to see a list of all tracks from an artist (i.e. see a list with all tracks, not just the "most popular songs" or their albums). I believe this is how spotify used to work. Has this changed? Is there anyway to still see a list of all tracks by...

• I want to see a list of all tracks from an artist (i.e. see a list with all tracks, not just the "most popular songs" or their albums). I believe this is how spotify used to work. Has this chang...
  • lovetribe
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify doesn't skip song when it says We're not able to play this video in your current location

I'm using Spotify desktop in Windows 10. Some videos won't play and give error "We're not able to play this video in your current location". I don't mind that but Spotify does nothing after showing this error. Should it not advance to next song inste...

• I'm using Spotify desktop in Windows 10.  Some videos won't play and give error "We're not able to play this video in your current location".  I don't mind that but Spotify does nothing aft...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop client doesn't restore last played playlist / track

Steps to reproduce: 1. Configure app to start with OS minimized2. Restart PC, let app start3. Listen / change to another song / playlist4. Shutdown PC5. Turn PC on again6. Open Spotify Expected result:Spotify sould be stopped on last played track / p...

• Steps to reproduce:   1. Configure app to start with OS minimized 2. Restart PC, let app start 3. Listen / change to another song / playlist 4. Shutdown PC 5. Turn PC on again 6. Open Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How to get in "Albums" only the subscribed albums

Hello, I need an advice.Sometimes, I put some songs into my Library.Then, the album from this song is added automatically into the "Album" section of my library. But I do not want to see an album in this section if I didn't subscribed specifically to...

• Hello,   I need an advice. Sometimes, I put some songs into my Library. Then, the album from this song is added automatically into the "Album" section of my library. But I do not want t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Won't Uninstall

Recently, Spotify has started to popup with an error message saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data". After searching, the resolution seems to be uninstall Spotify, and re-download it via the website instead of the Windows app store. How...

• Visitor
  • Recently, Spotify has started to popup with an error message saying "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data". After searching, the resolution seems to be uninstall Spotify, and re-download it vi...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CANCIONES EN BIBLIOTECA

Hola buenas tardes, estoy subiendo música a mi biblioteca de canciones de Spotify pero algunas si les aparece el signo de "+" pero en algunas otras no, y si trato de ponerlas en playlist si se agregan hasta las que no tienen el signo de "+", me podrí...

• Hola buenas tardes, estoy subiendo música a mi biblioteca de canciones de Spotify pero algunas si les aparece el signo de "+" pero en algunas otras no, y si trato de ponerlas en playlist si se agrega...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.

Everytime I start up Spotify I get a little box that says "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data." It started about a month ago and I ignored it until it got annoying. Now when I start up Spotify it appears invisible on the taskbar next to the ...

• Everytime I start up Spotify I get a little box that says "Spotify failed to migrate some of your data." It started about a month ago and I ignored it until it got annoying. Now when I start up Spoti...
  • canopus113
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! How to get rid of the new volume banner?

Looks like this:It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now.

bb8d2dc74cf8aa906d3cbe65c6bb2af4.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Looks like this: It takes up way too much of my screen and lasts too long. Is there any way I can just have the normal volume bar again? I've resorted to using an older spotify client for now.&n...
  • steedoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 38 likes
  • Windows
  • 22 replies
  • 38 likes