Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs can't be played!

Some songs can't be played!

I use Spotify free on my computer (I don't use it anywhere else) and I haven't been able to play any songs from P!nk. 

It was fine when I first played one of the promotional tracks, "Whatever You Want", early this month (it was released on 5 October), but somehow after a while (don't remember when) it stopped playing.

Now I found out that I couldn't play any of P!nk's songs, whether it's from the new album or an older song. It just says it's unavailable. I haven't experienced this issue with any other artists.

I've done a clean reinstallation as well.

spotify issue.jpg
13 Replies

Hi,

First, have you tried out playing the music in web player? 

If it still does not play normally, it might be that the song is available only in cetain countries: try using VPN (it enables you to change your network location)

Can you tell me if these solutions work for you?

Thanks

It can be played in the web player.

Guess it's not because of your location.

If you're using other music platforms (such as iTunes) don't link any of them with Spotify.

Go to Settings>Local Files and disable all sources (Windows Media Player, Downloads etc.)

See if it works 🙂

That didn't solve the issue.

That's strange..

If your web player is working fine, that must mean the problem is on your computer.

Are you sure you tried out a clean reinstalling?

Contact Spotify on twitter (@SpotifyCares) or here

Sorry it didn't help 😞

I uninstalled and searched for the roaming/local files to delete.

Not the best choice, but try out installing a downgraded version of Spotify and see if it works. Here's more information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-desktop-quot-This-song-is-...

@clh_hilary,

Can you listen to songs from 'Miley Cyrus'?

I can see you're following the playlist 'Trenzalore' and I think it might be the problem with playing your music.

I can play every other song, whether it's by Miley Cyrus or Aerosmith,
whether it's on a playlist or on their artist page, whether it's a local
file or a Spotify stream. The only act I haven't been able to play is P!nk,
and it's the same whether it's from her artist page, or on a playlist.

Sorry for the late reply;

Well, the best explanation I can give you is that Spotify may have stopped providing services for your country(whatever the reason may be) and the artist is not available for you. You might want to try to contact the staffs in the community for more information, but I'm not sure. Bad luck 😞

Actually, here are some information about the errors that have been happening since the newest update; you aern't able to play songs from certain bands or artists.

I'm able to play the songs on the web player in the same country. And in
fact I installed an older version and the songs can be played now. But
that's obviously not a lasting solution...

Yes, I believe this is not an issue about your Spotify account, your country or anything. This is odd, it might be an error with Spotify itself - you gotta try posting your issue on here: More and more users are having the same issue of yours. I think the managers are getting through this problem 🙂 

Suggested posts