Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't find a real internet connection. (Error code: 4 and 2)

Spotify doesn't find a real internet connection. (Error code: 4 and 2)

Hello everyone!

I am sad that I have to contact support here but a premium user like myself has no other option. So basically the issue persists for like 5 days (or something) and there is no solution yet. My ISP can't make the connection with the Spotify servers. I cannot explain this to myself, because I tried using my LTE on my laptop and in fact it worked perfectly. 

Basically when on Megalan (which is the ISP [known as MTEL too]) it makes me "offline" and can't let me do a thing. After logging out and in again I get an error message. On top of everything - it won't let me reach some of the websites like logon.spotify.com and support.spotify.com . This doesn't happen with the LTE from my phone when used by the PC.

A friend asked me to put these codes in CMD and I am attaching the file for you guys. Btw I contacted my ISP and they said that I should write to you guys and that they know about the problem. The only thing they said is that the problem doesn't start from them (the ISP). I am based in Bulgaria, Sofia and this is just a pity having to deal with such insecurities. We all live in the 21st century and when asked to pay for premium access we deserve premium support and care. 

Thank you on behalf of all of those poor souls having the same issue!

Amen.

Untitled.jpg
7 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to Spotify!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with Spotify.

Please try the solutions in these posts:

Let me know if the problem persists.

Cate

Both of these do not work. I tried reinstalling. Tried the full client. Now I tried the DNS stuff and still nothing. Just wanted to let you know that even the web player doesn't work.

Hi,

That's weird! I would suggest contacting Spotify. You can do this in a few different ways:

Best of luck,

Cate

Hello,

Same city, same provider and have the same issue. It's really weird. Tried everything as well with no avail. Had to login from my mobile network, since I can't even open the Spotify webpage.

Hello All,

I have the same issue since Friday - 25.11.2016. I am also located in Sofia, Bulgaria - a premium user. I have used Spotify for the past 2 years on the same network and WiFi router, but never had that issue before. The client app on my Win 7 PC and my Iphone is thinking that the device is offline and asking me to connect to the internet. When i try to connect via my wifi in the office, or my LTE, it connects without a problem. I tried reinstaling apps, restarting network and devices... but no result.

I guess there is some change in the application that is causing conflict with our ISP and their network. Or the other option is that our ISP made something and now we are screwed. But it is strange... everything else works and connects perfectly, only the spotify app and the community site cant be connected. I am writing from the office right now, becuase i oculd not connect to the site from my home network.

Will be gratefull for any help and suggestions!

Cheers,

same **bleep** ?

Sans titre.jpg

Just want to say that changing th DNS settings for my LAN protocol 4 helped, although I am still missing some ART for songs and albums. Try doing that...

Suggested posts