Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Change Email Address

Cannot Change Email Address

I need to update my email address and spotify is telling me the email address I am trying to update to is associated with another account. the spotify account previously associated with said address has been deactivated for quite some time. Is there no way for the spotify team to clear out old information from the database to override this 'error'?

5 Replies

Hey there @kjb0213, welcome to the community!

Contact Spotify directly here and they will be able to fix that for you! If you receive a "no-reply" e-mail directing your back to the community, just reply to it and you'll be connected to an agent that'll be more than happy to assist you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

You should get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form.

If you get a auto-reply reply to it, even when its from a no-reply email.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Funny thing... I did contact spotify customer support and not only did they DELETE my ACTIVE account they charged my CC for the premium service the day before deleting it... now I have NO playlists and had to create yet ANOTHER account... I have sent 7 emails trying to resolve the issues and have gotten not 1 single response since they deleted my kjb0213 account.

Hey kjeans0213,

That sounds awful.  I will check on your case and give you an update in a moment.

Hi Kjeans0213,

I have sent you a reply to your case number 1653028.

Suggested posts