Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount not being applied

Student Discount not being applied

Hello,

I have gone through the verifictation and got the mail: 

Please click here to be directed back to Spotify to access your offer.

Kindest Regards,

SheerID Verification Team

Now I follow the link and I just get directed to the Subscription page and get told your new will automatically be renewed at ... bla bla for 9.99$

then underneath is my Credit Card, Premium Codes, View Reciepts and Cancel your Subscripton, so how do I know its applied or not?

I'm paying for Spotify Premium since January 2012 and would like to get hold of this discount offer. 

Best regards,

16 Replies

Hey there! So, in order to make sure you have access to the student rate, you'll need to cancel your normal subscription first and then re-up with the current offer. Give that a shot and let us know if it works for you. 

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yeah, so me too. They've been charging me the full £10 since January. Terrible. I contacted them ages ago and got no reply. I've been waiting for a refund for months. Still paying full. This is seriously making me want to leave.

If I cancel my current subscription, will I lose my playlists?  I, too, have been verified as a student, but I am not sure if the verification is linked with my Spotify account with my personal email address or my student email address which was used to verify my student status.

you won't lose playlists as your account is technically "suspended" until you start paying again. Keep in mind that you can still use playlists with the free version, you just can't use them on mobile devices without a premium subscription. 

Also, if you've contacted support and not heard back, it's likely because you didn't reply back to the email that directs you to the community. It's a little confusing, but that's the way to get help. At this point, I'd recommend re-submitting another request if you're needing to hear back from them...just make sure to reply this time.

This is really disappointing. I did what you told me, but now they charged me instantly 4.99$, because my Premium just got renewed, so I lost a whole month of 9.99$. 

each month is paid in advance. If you got charged twice, it's possible that you have two accounts as they usually do the correct calculations when subtracting funds. Give support a go via the contact form...what I told you was correct, but it's possible something went wrong somewhere.

I've had a similar problem trying to register as a student.  I went through the complete process 4x including pulling up my college and entering payment info.  It processes and then takes me back to a login page.  After logging back in my account still says its the free version and not student

We have another report on the community of student discount not working unless you enter your credit card number with spaces in it. Not sure how true it is but it might be worth a shot.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

For the last 24 hours I have been trying to get past the summary page to enter my cc # and it comes up with a Oh no! page

Hmm...sounds like a technical issue. I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

looks like the oh no page has been corrected.  I tried adding the dashes and still didn't work

Best thing to do is get in touch as mentioned above and the accounts team can check out your account from their end. Sounds like something isn't quite set up correctly.

Peter

I think i see what is wrong.  on the select payment page there is a white box to the left of the payment choices that I think i saw is where you are supposed to input your password again.  That box seems to be broken.  Can someone take a look at it and fix it pls

@kylewan96 - Could you grab a screenshot if possible?

Peter

here's the screen shot when I just try to add the 30day free premium.  For the student one i can enter cc info (even though already on account) and goes to login screen after i hit process. 

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 11.31.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 11.31.32 AM.png

@kylewan96 - Weird, I would suggest getting in touch using the link kbrooksc posted above and the support guys can look into this for you.

Peter

Suggested posts