Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete songs on Starred playlist using mobile app

Solved!

Can't delete songs on Starred playlist using mobile app

As of yesterday (I think my Spotify app updated yesterday), when I swipe right on a song in my Starred playlist, it no longer brings up the button to delete that song. This isn't a problem with any of my other playlists on mobile, and I can still delete songs from my Starred playlist using the Spotify computer program. This is just a problem with the Starred playlist on mobile. Help?

114 Replies

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly! I'm tired of having duplicate songs in my starred playlist lol

On my iPhone 5s I can't delete songs from my starred playlist

Hey @Coofs10 I've merged your topic with the existing thread regarding this topic 🙂 Spotify is working on a fix and is aware of this problem, make sure you check back here for updates. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Even though the track cannot be deleted from a starred playlist (on the spotify app on iphone), it is still possible to delete the track from the starred playlist via the Spotify Webplayer.

So, all is not lost 🙂

Since a while I can't delete songs from my 'favorite' playlist. There are nog stars anymore since the latest update. And of I hit 'delete' it's deleting the song from the normale playlist but not out of my 'favorites'. In all the other playlists I can swipe to the left and than I can delete the song, but that doesn't work in my favorites.

Is it a bug or do i do something wrong?

Hey Renskeb83

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 Welcome to the community!

In regards to the star button, this has been removed for the new 'Your Music' feature. You can find out more regarding this over here!

In regards to the 'Favourites' list, are you relating to the Starred tracks list? If so, on which device are you having this trouble on? We'd love to investigate things with you.

Cheers!

Well there is still the word 'favorites' (but than in Dutch) on my screen with a star standing before the word. I'm using an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1.1. There is an update of the iOS availeble, maybe that is the problem?

Please update your app, it fixes a lot.

Well the spotify app is already up to date, but tomorrow i will update my iOS! Hope that it works!

Why can't i delete songs on my mobile device? It worked last week!

Hi @Krexz welcome to the community 🙂

Could you explain me in detail what problem you have.

You should be able to remove songs by swiping from right to left (like how you remove e-mail from the mail app). Another option is to press the triple dots in the right top corner after the playlist title and then press "Edit". You should then be able to remove the songs by pressing the red button -> Delete.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Vi. And thanks for the fast answer.
Yes, it should work, the swiping thing but that does not work, and the edit thing only works on the albums, not the songs 🙂
Do you understand my problem now? 🙂

I've updated my iOS but the problem is still there!!

Yes, have you tried a full reinstallation of the app?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

No, thats someting i dont wont to do since i have 40 GB of music on my offline list and it takes days to re-upload them to my mobile.

This must be fixed by en update?

This is some kind of bug, right!

I us Spotify everyday all the time and i dont have the time to re-upload all of these songs to my mobile!

Now i just tried a full reinstallation of the app. And that did not work so now i'm verry angry becaouse i have to download 40GB that i from the beginning did not think would work!
I told you it was a bug!

Hi Krexz

Are you referring to songs from your Starred tracks list?

Yes!

Thanks for clarifying!

We're currently aware of some issues and are working on a fix. You should be able to shortly 🙂

Ok, thanks 🙂

Suggested posts