Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back podcasts in recently played

Bring back podcasts in recently played

With a recent update, the Listening History has completely stopped showing podcasts and only includes music. Please bring back podcasts to this function!

42 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 22

Operating System

Android OneUI

My Question or Issue

Finally found the Recently Played icon, but the only thing listed is songs, recently played podcasts are no longer listed. 

Yes it's been driving me nuts for the last several days and I finally figured that out too that it is only tracking music and not podcasts. I use Spotify for podcasts way more while I'm at my job which is an independent business. I was relying on the history to go back and finish listening to podcasts that I was unable to complete previously. Having to manually search through my list is really frustrating. I would really like to know why Spotify is no longer tracking podcasts in listening history

This is really frustrating Spotify - i exclusively listen to podcasts and am really dissatisfied that this function has been removed. i am a premium member and will reconsider this if the app does not fix this basic omission. 

Same thing happen to me. Spotify, why not have the basic function every one uses the most!

• Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

My Question or Issue

My podcasts are not appearing in my recently played. Why is this? 

UPDATE 5/26/23: Whatever the issue was, Spotify seems to have fixed it. My history now shows podcasts like it used to. I didn’t do anything special, but I imagine the app updated in the background at some point. Thank you Spotify for being incredibly responsive and fixing this issue!! 

OLD: Did Spotify do this on purpose or did they forget to regression test an update?? This is a terrible mistake. I sure hope they get this fixed or I’ll take my business over to Amazon Music

Hey there @Lagamancer

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this is happening on a specific device, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. We know this sounds odd but it'll trigger a sync between your account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device to see if they can replicate this with their own account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Have the same issue. Logged out and in twice. Been happening since maybe May 9. 

Same issue and relogging doesn't work.

Same thing happening to me, logged in/out 3 times and reinstalled the app with no change. Are there any other suggestions? I’m on Spotify duo.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community! 

We've passed this info on to the right team who is currently looking into it.  

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

• does this happen with all podcasts? 

• troubleshooting steps you've tried

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks! 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes this is driving me crazy! i'm a weirdo that tracks all the media I consume and the whole reason I use spotify for podcasts is because this feature was so helpful! hope they fix this soon :.(

Not sure why you need this, but here you go:

Device: SM-G780F/DS

Spotify 8.8.36.522

History do not track any podcasts

1) Cleared all data in the app; 2) cleared all data through system settings; 3) reinstalled; 4) logged out and in twice.

History tab is only tracking songs, not podcasts, the feature stopped working around 9th of May.

Same issue here

Device - iphone14

ios - 16.3.1

Spotify version 8.8.37.574

Recently played doesn't track podcasts and this is occuring on both devices I use (the above is my primary one, i also have an iphone 12)

Have restarted phone, logged in and out, restarted and reinstalled app.

Same issue, recently played not tracking podcasts, only songs are being tracked. Please fix this issue.

Samsung A53 + Android 13

Spotify v8.8.36.522

From this morning I can see all podcast in recently played list, even those I listened to few weeks before. I haven't change a thing in the app 🤷

I am using Spotify on an Android. It seemed to have gotten moved. -- I use recently played to keep track of what podcasts I have listened to and was bummed to see the icon on the upper right had corner was gone.  -- Well I found it (as of 6/1/23)

If you click on your profile picture on the top right of the app > you will now see "Recently played" in the menu drop down.

Hope this helps some of you.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

Our tech folks have worked their magic backstage and this issue should now be fixed on the latest app version 🙂

Could you please check if you're still experiencing this? 

We'll be on the lookout for your updates.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have this issue as of december 14, 2023.

Suggested posts