Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts keep skipping episodes

Podcasts keep skipping episodes

Every podcast I try to play today does not play. It will skip to the next episode, then the next, etc. I'm not able to figure out why as there seems to be no support for anything in Spotify. Please fix this issue. If you expect people to pay for your service, you need to provide the actual service.

6 Replies

I'm having the same issue! Happens in the iOS app as well on the web player. Seems like an issue on Spotify's end.

I use the Spotify web play and I cannot get The Jordan Harbinger Show to play. When I click any episode, it skips to the next podcast without playing anything, then skips to the next and the next. This has been ongoing for about a month now. This seems to be the only podcast effected by whatever bug is causing this.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To start investigating this issue, would you mind checking if the desktop app shows the same behavior you're describing?

Also, could you try it in an incognito/private window, or on a different browser to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the URI of the affected podcast to give it a try on our end.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

The desktop does not have this issue.

A private window does have the same issue.

This is in the Microsoft Edge browser, but other podcasts seem unaffected.

spotify:show:5RVoEOIACQbBDZnGBJ7Ec2

Hey @Westingham & @Disgruntled_user,

Could you please let us know which podcasts you've experienced these issues with?
Also, as @OscarDC has mentioned, to start investigating this, check if the desktop app shows the same behavior and verify if using the Web Player via an incognito/private window or from a different browser makes any difference.
We'd also like to know which countries you're in and the date when this behaviour has first been observed.

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue in my PlayStation console for 4 months now, Spotify is a terrible service that doesn’t even provide you with the things you paid for. Absolute **bleep**ing joke of a company. Sincerely a paid subscriber.

Suggested posts