Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Allow collaborators to delete songs added by others (again)

[Desktop][Playlists] Allow collaborators to delete songs added by others (again)

I'm a collaborator on a playlist, I'm not the playlist owner.A recent update made it so that even though we all want everyone to have 'vito' power over songs added by others, I am unable to remove songs that others added. This is completely against any idea of collaboration and the experience feels completely broken. 

Please bring back this capability. 

10 Replies

Hey @venkmanusa,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

Would you mind trying to remove a song, not added by you, from a collaborative playlist in the mobile version app or the desktop app? Be aware it's not possible to do this from the web player.

If you're unable to remove the song, can you send us a video recording of that behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same thing happens on desktop or web. Video attached. I am not the owner of the playlist, I did not add this song. I can not delete it. As I understand it this was a product decision and not a big, which is why I posted it in the other place. Fingers crossed you can fix it here. 🙂https://photos.app.goo.gl/jTweY5jWbkknqxth9https://photos.app.goo.gl/jTweY5jWbkknqxth9 

Hi there @cpc464,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try removing the song from your mobile app?

Let us know if that works.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The video shows me trying to remove it from my mobile app.

Hey @cpc464,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

Unfortunately, we can't visualize the video you kindly send us. Would you mind sending it again? Please attach the video in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

On another note, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have currently running on your devices?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

This link works for me in incognito - should work for you. https://photos.app.goo.gl/oSKvjXpBWDFrG5gb6 version 8.7.86.422

Hey there @cpc464

Thanks for your reply. 

We're afraid we still can't open the link you sent because of security reasons. In this case, we suggest that you use one of the options @AlejaR sent previously. 

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

OK - now attached to the thread as mp4. thanks. 

Hi there @cpc464

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Just to confirm, could you see your display name under the collaborative playlist's title? 

If so, could you ask the playlist's owner to remove you as a collaborator and then invite you again by following these specific steps? If you don't see your name there, we suggest that you ask them to invite you again by following the steps mentioned previously. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, so removing myself from the playlist (delete it) and then asking the owner to generate a sharing link and send it to me. And then joining again from that link now allows me to add AND delete tracks. Thanks! 

Suggested posts