Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Desktop

Labels

Forum Posts

Report technical issues with adverts

Hey folks!Ever experienced any technical issues with ad volume, the ad being in the wrong language or the frequency of the ad?We're creating this thread in case you're in need of reporting any of those Just let us know the following details and we'll...

• JelenJ
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Other
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Block Joe Rogan Podcast

I've already voted for the idea to allow a disable toggle for podcasts so I stop getting them inserted into recommended playlists, but how do I block a specific podcast? The home screen of the Mac Desktop app has become a continuous advertisement for...

• ...he Mac Desktop app has become a continuous advertisement for the Joe Rogan podcast, which I do not want to see nor want any chance to accidentally click on. How do I get this trash off of my home p...
  • ACINMD
  • 172 replies
  • 566 likes
  • Block
    Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 172 replies
  • 566 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] NPR News Now

I don't know why I can't find the NPR News Now podcast. I listen to this every day and simply cannot locate it today. If Spotify got rid of this podcast, then I'll have to go elsewhere to find it, and I may just stay where I land. Thoroughly frustrat...

• Visitor
  • I don't know why I can't find the NPR News Now podcast. I listen to this every day and simply cannot locate it today.   If Spotify got rid of this podcast, then I'll have to go elsewhere to fi...
  • FeedMyEars
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Mini Player

When I was using iTunes as my main music player I was using the mini player a lot. I was a very efficient way to control the music playing in the background. I really miss that kind of player in Spotify, still theres the excact solution in the Web Pl...

• ...n Spotify, still theres the excact solution in the Web Player but for the desktop app users it's a lacking future. So I developed a simple desktop app called SpotiMini and wanted to share with t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Connect] Spotify auto-pause while connected to discord

+ VOTE TO KEEP THIS ALIVE!!! I'll preface this with the fact that I've seen one similar post to this, but the reasoning for the other post was basically a direct violation of Spotify TOS and the real issues couldn't be further from that. This issue w...

• + VOTE TO KEEP THIS ALIVE!!!   I'll preface this with the fact that I've seen one similar post to this, but the reasoning for the other post was basically a direct violation of Spotify TOS and...
  • Kokusz1
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts pause after ads have played

Hey folks! We've been getting reports that the app freezes/pauses/slows down the playback when listening to podcasts. This behavior happens after an ad has played and it's often resolved with restarting the app/the device.

• Hey folks!   We've been getting reports that  the app freezes/pauses/slows down the playback when listening to podcasts. This behavior happens after an ad has played and ...
  • ClaudeP
  • Visitor
  • 34 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    iOS
  • 34 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Developer] Let us disable the web player.

The web player is currently forced on all users when it comes to sharing links from the desktop or mobile app. According to support there should be prompts asking if you want to open something in the web player or the mobile/desktop app but this has ...

• Casual Listener
  • The web player is currently forced on all users when it comes to sharing links from the desktop or mobile app. According to support there should be prompts asking if you want to open something in t...
  • zyxep
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Filter podcast episodes by played/unplayed on mobile, desktop and web players

There is currently no way to filter podcast episodes on the desktop, web or mobile app. Currently you can only sort episodes. It would be great to be able to filter out episodes marked as played so you don't have to constantly scroll through all the ...

• There is currently no way to filter podcast episodes on the desktop, web or mobile app.  Currently you can only sort episodes. It would be great to be able to filter out episodes marked as p...
  • mjbaldwin
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Dissociation of communication and app language

Hello there, Living in Belgium, we have three national languages (FR, NL, DE).The thing is that I usually receive mails from Spotify (news, administrative stuff, ...) in one of those languages (NL) and not the one I actually speak (FR). I would like ...

• Visitor
  • Hello there,   Living in Belgium, we have three national languages (FR, NL, DE). The thing is that I usually receive mails from Spotify (news, administrative stuff, ...) in one of those langu...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop][Other] Desktop client clean and improved!

Hey Rorey and the ''team'', i have a suggestion for you! Since you want to make the client ''cleaner'' and make ''improvements'' (Like notifications and lyrics gone) i suggest you do the following:1-remove the play button2-remove playlists3-Remove th...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey Rorey and the ''team'', i have a suggestion for you! Since you want to make the client ''cleaner'' and make ''improvements'' (Like notifications and lyrics gone) i suggest you do the following: ...
  • wanderphx
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Logical sorting of titles

To give some background info:I have a bunch of podcast episodes that are named entirely of

• Regular
  • To give some background info: I have a bunch of podcast episodes that are named entirely of <title>-<episode#>   They're local files. When I attempt to sort them logically, it do...
  • toddmedema
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Remove function where folders open when you open a playlist within one

This is incredibly annoying. All my folders always end up completely opened. It literally makes me not want to open them at all. Please correct this.

• Regular
  • This is incredibly annoying. All my folders always end up completely opened.   It literally makes me not want to open them at all.   Please correct this.
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Other] Bug with Heardle allows you to cheat

Couldn't find a place to report a bug for Heardle, so posting here. Found that if you click the "play/pause" button on your keyboard, the entire song will play, rather than just the few seconds that should be played (based on how many guesses you've ...

• Couldn't find a place to report a bug for Heardle, so posting here. Found that if you click the "play/pause" button on your keyboard, the entire song will play, rather than just the few seconds that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Friend Feed] Friends Tag Along Listening

Allow users to click on Live Friend Activity to Tag Along hearing the same current + future songs during that hearing session. For privacy purposes, maybe allow users to define whether "Always Allow, Request One Time Permission, Block". On top of tha...

• Visitor
  • Allow users to click on Live Friend Activity to Tag Along hearing the same current + future songs during that hearing session. For privacy purposes, maybe allow users to define whether "Always Allow,...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Friend Feed
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] WHAT CAN SOMEONE WIN BY BRINGING NEW IDEAS FOR SPOTIFY?

If someone has a Good Idea of a new feature what could he/she win with it if it was successfully implemented by Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  •   If someone has a Good Idea of a new feature what could he/she win with it if it was successfully implemented by Spotify?
  • Brunogg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Allow collaborators to delete songs added by others (again)

I'm a collaborator on a playlist, I'm not the playlist owner.A recent update made it so that even though we all want everyone to have 'vito' power over songs added by others, I am unable to remove songs that others added. This is completely against a...

• I'm a collaborator on a playlist, I'm not the playlist owner.A recent update made it so that even though we all want everyone to have 'vito' power over songs added by others, I am unable to remove so...
  • cpc464
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Bring back option to remove songs from playlist created for me

I like the playlists that Spotify creates for me, but often there are songs are artists that I never want to be included in any playlist. I used to be able to choose to remove them or hide them but that option disappeared a while ago - I would like i...

• Casual Listener
  • I like the playlists that Spotify creates for me, but often there are songs are artists that I never want to be included in any playlist.  I used to be able to choose to remove them or hide them...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Lyric button must be beside each song title instead of near the volume slider

Deezer is doing just this, which is how I knew that the audio streaming site displays song lyrics. However, I preferred to dance or jam to them on musical instruments, and their lyric source is LyricFind. It is said that July of 2020 is when Spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • ...s LyricFind.   It is said that July of 2020 is when Spotify got their lyrics from Musixmatch, but when I use it on desktop, I had no idea the program shows words to songs because the l...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Moving for the blind

Hello.I am user of Spotify desktop app. I also use Spotify in My browser. I have one idea, but I have submitted It manytimes.I know this, that this idea may be closed. Problem is, that there are not many users in Spotify community with visual impairm...

• Roadie
  • Hello. I am user of Spotify desktop app. I also use Spotify in My browser. I have one idea, but I have submitted It manytimes. I know this, that this idea may be closed. Problem is, that there a...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Search] Keyboard shortcut to play the top result

So when I want to search for a song on my Windows Desktop client, I press Ctrl + L and then type in the song's title. And then I often have to use the mouse to click on the green play button. The other option is for me to hit Enter and then press Tab...

• Gig Goer
  • So when I want to search for a song on my Windows Desktop client, I press Ctrl + L and then type in the song's title. And then I often have to use the mouse to click on the green play button. The o...
  • circline
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes