Topics with Label: Mac

Labels

Forum Posts

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps Freezing

I've never come across a problem like this elsewhere on my Mac but Spotify is constantly freezing for seconds every two minutes. This has been going on for the last several versions if I'm not wrong.

• Regular
  • I've never come across a problem like this elsewhere on my Mac but Spotify is constantly freezing for seconds every two minutes. This has been going on for the last several versions if I'm not wrong.
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Freezing
    iOS
    Mac
    Mac Book
    Mac Desktop App
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist which cannot be opened or deleted.

I recently made a playlist, but it seem I cannot open or delete the playlist in any way. Even opening this playlist via Mac Desktop App or Spotify Web gives an error. The worst bit is I cannot even delete it, since pressing delete does absolutely not...

• Not applicable
  • I recently made a playlist, but it seem I cannot open or delete the playlist in any way. Even opening this playlist via Mac Desktop App or Spotify Web gives an error. The worst bit is I cannot even d...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlist URI not properly functional

I am looking to promote our Spotify playlist. I want to use Spotify URI to create a "click to follow button". The only problem is that the Spotify URI code only works with Spotify PAGES not PLAYLISTS. Does anyone have an alternative other than using ...

• Regular
  • I am looking to promote our Spotify playlist. I want to use Spotify URI to create a "click to follow button". The only problem is that the Spotify URI code only works with Spotify PAGES not PLAYLISTS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Query audio tracks with something similar to SQL

It would be nice to have the possibility to make SQL like queries on the whole Spotify library. Something like: SELECT TOP 50 tracksFROM Playlist1WHERE ReleaseDate BETWEEN 2004 AND 2010ORDER BY ReleaseDate DESC SELECT TOP 10 tracksFROM Artist1WHERE B...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be nice to have the possibility to make SQL like queries on the whole Spotify library. Something like:   SELECT TOP 50 tracks FROM Playlist1 WHERE ReleaseDate BETWEEN 2004 AND 2010 ...
  • HerrO
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Discover Weekly is not showing up anymore

Good morning! I love Spotify and cannot imagine my life without it. It helps me discover and save new albums and artists and the algorithm to find new song is simply unbelievable. Discover Weekly was my favourite feature, but recently it is not showi...

•   Good morning!    I love Spotify and cannot imagine my life without it. It helps me discover and save new albums and artists and the algorithm to find new song is simply unbelievab...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musique grisée

Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon ordinateur de chez moi pas de souci je peux écouter celle-ci. ...

• Bonjour,   J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon or...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

New Spotify Beta player on Last.fm

Please see the site update thread on GetSatisfaction and send bug reports to that official support forum: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-beta-player

• Roadie
  • Please see the site update thread on GetSatisfaction and send bug reports to that official support forum:   https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-beta-player  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Block spotify for iptables

Hello I need to block spotify by iptables. Find these spotify ip ranges: - 78.31.8.0/21- 193.182.8.0/21- 194.68.28.0/22- 193.235.32.0/24- 193.235.203.0/24- 193.235.206.0/24 I have doubts with the rules to throw everything serious so the first for exa...

• Hello I need to block spotify by iptables. Find these spotify ip ranges:   - 78.31.8.0/21 - 193.182.8.0/21 - 194.68.28.0/22 - 193.235.32.0/24 - 193.235.203.0/24 - 193.235.206.0/24  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login with email instead of username

Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when I fill my email it always failed to login. What is that mean? I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when&n...
  • FrostburnSpirit
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Web player doesn't play (Chrome)

For the past few weeks, I have been unable to play music on the Web Player via Chrome in PC (Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (32-bit)) or Mac. I've resent cookies and browsing data. I made sure that "Web Player" was selected under "Devices." I...

• For the past few weeks, I have been unable to play music on the Web Player via Chrome in PC (Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (32-bit)) or Mac.    I've resent cookies and browsing d...
  • Ardilluminati
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Safari No Longer Supported??!!

It seems that the Safari browser is no longer supported for the Web Player. I've been using it for years without a problem. The Spotify System requirements page even says it can run in Safari 6 or higher: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotif...

• Regular
  • ...igher: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-system-requirements/   I have Safari 10 on Mac OS 10.12.6, but when I try to open play.spotify.com now, I get the message, " This b...
  • arogow-us
  • Regular
  • 39 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 39 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!! Lowered bitrate from 320kbps to 256kbps on Premium

According to this page: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/ Premium quality is now 256kbps Ogg Vorbis, which seems to be a very recent change, it used to be 320kbps. Can you please clarify this? What is...

• Gig Goer
  • According to this page: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/   Premium quality is now 256kbps Ogg Vorbis, which seems to be a very recent ch...
  • HenrikStevn
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Tropical Hip Hop looking for Spotify playlists

Hello my name is Delly, I'm from Harlem. My family heritage is Trinidadian and I'm trying to bring that island funk to hip hop. My track trini King is already on Spotify looking for any if all playlists to feature me on it. Here's the Spotify link ht...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello my name is Delly, I'm from Harlem. My family heritage is Trinidadian and I'm trying to bring that island funk to hip hop. My track trini King is already on Spotify looking for any if all playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player has songs that desktop doesn't??

I have some songs that aren't available for playing (they're grey in my playlist) on my phone and desktop app, but when I opened up web player those songs were playable (they weren't grey and i actually played them)! I had both desktop and web player...

• I have some songs that aren't available for playing (they're grey in my playlist) on my phone and desktop app, but when I opened up web player those songs were playable (they weren't grey and i actua...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Has the map which shows where artists are being played removed? Why?

You used to be ablet open the about-page for an artist and show where in the world the songs are being played. I found that data very interesting, is it no longer available?

• Casual Listener
  • You used to be ablet open the about-page for an artist and show where in the world the songs are being played. I found that data very interesting, is it no longer available?
  • Muffe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

QUEUE management still sucks, after how many years?

I want to echo the original post: "make it work like Rdio’s did" What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management? I'll go years back and reiterate that:1) there should be a way to "play next"2) an "album," a "playlist" and a "song" ...

• Gig Goer
  • I want to echo the original post: " make it work like Rdio’s did "   What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management?   I'll go years back and reiterate that: 1...
  • Machiventa858
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

New Releases for You section is missing

I know this issue has been opened before, but I couldn't find any thread with a definitive answer. My account stopped showing the "New Releases for You" section under the "Discover" tab about 6 months ago. This occurs on all devices. I've spoken to o...

• I know this issue has been opened before, but I couldn't find any thread with a definitive answer. My account stopped showing the "New Releases for You" section under the "Discover" tab about 6 month...
  • ZFDiamond
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song on laptop messing up everything

Hey guys,I had a bunch of hollywood undead music on my laptop that was also in my spotify library. I accidently renamed a spanish music file I use in video production as background music as Party by Myself by Hollywood undead. The problem is, now no ...

• Hey guys, I had a bunch of hollywood undead music on my laptop that was also in my spotify library. I accidently renamed a spanish music file I use in video production as background music as Party b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player Issues

I try to listen to music with the Web Player on Safari on a Macbook Pro. Everything is up to date. The issue is that songs will start to play, but then they freeze. It sounds similar to what CDs would sound like when they would start skipping in CD p...

• I try to listen to music with the Web Player on Safari on a Macbook Pro. Everything is up to date. The issue is that songs will start to play, but then they freeze. It sounds similar to what CDs w...
  • hayitstayyy_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add a mechanism to report ad abuse

There needs to be a simple way to reprote problems and abuses for the ads that play on Spotify. At the moment there is no way to provide this feedback to ensure that the ads which play are useful and engaging, not offensive or inappropriate.For examp...

• Regular
  • There needs to be a simple way to reprote problems and abuses for the ads that play on Spotify. At the moment there is no way to provide this feedback to ensure that the ads which play are useful and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes