Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Mac

Labels

Forum Posts

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

URI to a track within a particular playlist?

I can get the URI for a track, no problem.I can get the URI for a playlist, no problem.But I can't in the general case figure out how to get the URI for a track that's in the context of a particular playlist. I'd like to be able to start my player at...

• Casual Listener
  • I can get the URI for a track, no problem. I can get the URI for a playlist, no problem. But I can't in the general case figure out how to get the URI for a track that's in the context of a particu...
  • jlalonde
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Bose Soundlink 2, Mac with Bluetooth Error on Web Player

Hi Spotify Developers I wanted to start another version of this thread to highlight that this is a REAL issue with SPOTIFY and not the Bose Soundlink (or other BT speakers), Bluetooth Stack or in fact CoreAudio on the Mac. This issue is totally repro...

• Casual Listener
  • ...tack or in fact CoreAudio on the Mac. This issue is totally reproducible every single time. After much testing I can safely say that this IS a SPOTIFY WEB Player issue.   Versions a...
  • Songthrush
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are the good functions being removed?

The radio funtion is where I want to start this little rant. You got rid of the radio. Then you added a "playlist radio" function that was horribly broken. It would have the same song listed 3 times out of 15 songs total? And even worse, I would set ...

• Music Fan
  • The radio funtion is where I want to start this little rant. You got rid of the radio. Then you added a "playlist radio" function that was horribly broken. It would have the same song listed 3 times ...
  • rfieldy
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Plugins and Marketplace

Wnat to increase margins spotify, allow more 3rd party development. Create a market place within app for 3rd party plugins and services ie lyrics, new user interface addons for music player, etc. Control the marketplace by closely vetting premium plu...

• Casual Listener
  • Wnat to increase margins spotify, allow more 3rd party development.  Create a market place within app for 3rd party plugins and services ie lyrics, new user interface addons for music player, et...
  • dcampagne
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Everything except rap!

I want a staion to play a wide selection of music.I want to hear selections from every gender EXCEPT Rap ( Any song that is all or has sections of monotone chanting ). I am also not a fan of music that was generated by a rythym machine. The sation sh...

• Casual Listener
  • ...f music that was generated by a rythym machine.   The sation should: Never Paly Rap Play Rock Play Jazz Play Country Play Blues Play Country Play Classical Play Ragtime Play Big Band P...
  • jaimogoff
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Login with email instead of username

Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when I fill my email it always failed to login. What is that mean? I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when&n...
  • FrostburnSpirit
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Webplayer not connecting to open.spotify.com

Hi guys, Since play.spotify.com redirects to open.spotify.com I can't access the Webplayer anymore. I tried clearing my cookies which shows the inlog screen, but afterwards it goes to open.spotify.com and I can't connect to the server. Already tried ...

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-14 om 14.22.47.png
  • Casual Listener
  • ...pen.spotify.com and I can't connect to the server. Already tried with Adblock off and I Firewall is off on my mac.   Anyone has a solution for this?        
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Web Player just flat out stopped working

Last night the Spotify web player was working fine (I'm using Chrome for Mac), but starting today it just stopped working without me making any major changes. I can open the website (open.spotify.com) but hitting play on any song does nothing. I do h...

• Last night the Spotify web player was working fine (I'm using Chrome for Mac), but starting today it just stopped working without me making any major changes. I can open the website (open.spotify.com...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Rearranging song order of Playlists - Spotify Web

Hey guys - apologies in advance if this is super dumb. But I can't rearrange the song order in playlists I create...I thought you could sort alphabetically by artist/album/etc. or just drag songs up and down. But it doesn't work in any of my playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys - apologies in advance if this is super dumb. But I can't rearrange the song order in playlists I create...I thought you could sort alphabetically by artist/album/etc. or just drag songs up ...
  • simonjones1972
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes

Keeps Freezing

I've never come across a problem like this elsewhere on my Mac but Spotify is constantly freezing for seconds every two minutes. This has been going on for the last several versions if I'm not wrong.

• Regular
  • I've never come across a problem like this elsewhere on my Mac but Spotify is constantly freezing for seconds every two minutes. This has been going on for the last several versions if I'm not wrong.
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Freezing
    iOS
    Mac
    Mac Book
    Mac Desktop App
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recover Direct Messages

Hello, I am aware that inbox feature is long gone now. I hope you all recognize that was a mistake. Anyway, Since there is no inbox button now, I am unable to reach my old messages. I want to reach my old messages, maybe as plain text, or JSON. Do yo...

• Hello,   I am aware that inbox feature is long gone now. I hope you all recognize that was a mistake.    Anyway, Since there is no inbox button now, I am unable to reach my old mes...
  • tess09
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist which cannot be opened or deleted.

I recently made a playlist, but it seem I cannot open or delete the playlist in any way. Even opening this playlist via Mac Desktop App or Spotify Web gives an error. The worst bit is I cannot even delete it, since pressing delete does absolutely not...

• Visitor
  • I recently made a playlist, but it seem I cannot open or delete the playlist in any way. Even opening this playlist via Mac Desktop App or Spotify Web gives an error. The worst bit is I cannot even d...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlist URI not properly functional

I am looking to promote our Spotify playlist. I want to use Spotify URI to create a "click to follow button". The only problem is that the Spotify URI code only works with Spotify PAGES not PLAYLISTS. Does anyone have an alternative other than using ...

• Regular
  • I am looking to promote our Spotify playlist. I want to use Spotify URI to create a "click to follow button". The only problem is that the Spotify URI code only works with Spotify PAGES not PLAYLISTS...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Safari No Longer Supported??!!

It seems that the Safari browser is no longer supported for the Web Player. I've been using it for years without a problem. The Spotify System requirements page even says it can run in Safari 6 or higher: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotif...

• Regular
  • ...igher: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-system-requirements/   I have Safari 10 on Mac OS 10.12.6, but when I try to open play.spotify.com now, I get the message, "This b...
  • arogow-us
  • Regular
  • 39 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 39 replies
  • 18 likes

QUEUE management still sucks, after how many years?

I want to echo the original post: "make it work like Rdio’s did" What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management? I'll go years back and reiterate that:1) there should be a way to "play next"2) an "album," a "playlist" and a "song" ...

• Gig Goer
  • I want to echo the original post: "make it work like Rdio’s did"   What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management?   I'll go years back and reiterate that: 1) there ...
  • Machiventa858
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiroom

I've got spotify premium and I'm using spotify connect to cast audio from an android phone to a google chromecast audio I also regularly listen from my desktop. If spotify would allow me to stream the same audio to my chromecast audio and desktop pla...

• I've got spotify premium and I'm using spotify connect to cast audio from an android phone to a google chromecast audio   I also regularly listen from my desktop.   If spotify would all...
  • aroscasumber
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 46 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 46 likes

Solved!! Query audio tracks with something similar to SQL

It would be nice to have the possibility to make SQL like queries on the whole Spotify library. Something like: SELECT TOP 50 tracksFROM Playlist1WHERE ReleaseDate BETWEEN 2004 AND 2010ORDER BY ReleaseDate DESC SELECT TOP 10 tracksFROM Artist1WHERE B...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be nice to have the possibility to make SQL like queries on the whole Spotify library. Something like:   SELECT TOP 50 tracks FROM Playlist1 WHERE ReleaseDate BETWEEN 2004 AND 2010 ...
  • HerrO
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back older version of the web player.

I would never come here usually but if I do it's to moan about updates spotify does again. I am here to address the updated web player spotify did before few days. The player was perfectly alright before I was listening my music enjoy myself every si...

• Music Fan
  • I would never come here usually but if I do it's to moan about updates spotify does again.   I am here to address the updated web player spotify did before few days. The player was perfectly a...
  • WizardHoovy
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 20 replies
  • 14 likes

Discover Weekly is not showing up anymore

Good morning! I love Spotify and cannot imagine my life without it. It helps me discover and save new albums and artists and the algorithm to find new song is simply unbelievable. Discover Weekly was my favourite feature, but recently it is not showi...

•   Good morning!    I love Spotify and cannot imagine my life without it. It helps me discover and save new albums and artists and the algorithm to find new song is simply unbelievab...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musique grisée

Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon ordinateur de chez moi pas de souci je peux écouter celle-ci. ...

• Bonjour,   J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon or...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes