Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Search

Labels

Forum Posts

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Search] Change translated song titles back to their original language

I listen to Fujii Kaze, and a lot of the meaning of the song titles either: 1. Require an understanding of the language because they are in regional dialects2. Use text/online language to express meaning The best example is the first song which is ca...

• Visitor
  • I listen to Fujii Kaze, and a lot of the meaning of the song titles either:   1. Require an understanding of the language because they are in regional dialects 2. Use text/online language to ...
  • Zambiblasian1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Search
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Web Player][Search] Artist's Albums in chronological order and Album release dates.

Please list the Artist's Albums in chronological order and bring back release dates next to Albums. This just makes it really difficult searching for a particular album and then playing through an Artist Discog. Please reinstate this feature.

• Casual Listener
  • Please list the Artist's Albums in chronological order and bring back release dates next to Albums. This just makes it really difficult searching for a particular album and then playing through an A...
  • mayarammoinho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Search
    Web Player
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Search] Keyboard shortcut to play the top result

So when I want to search for a song on my Windows Desktop client, I press Ctrl + L and then type in the song's title. And then I often have to use the mouse to click on the green play button. The other option is for me to hit Enter and then press Tab...

• Gig Goer
  • So when I want to search for a song on my Windows Desktop client, I press Ctrl + L and then type in the song's title. And then I often have to use the mouse to click on the green play button. The o...
  • circline
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Search] Search Engine vs. Episodes

Hello, as a long time Spotify user I have some thoughts about how the search engine works.For example, I enter a phrase: "The **bleep** Wears Prada - Watchower", there is no band, no music - only podcasts. This is one of many examples. By going to th...

• Regular
  • Hello, as a long time Spotify user I have some thoughts about how the search engine works. For example, I enter a phrase: "The **bleep** Wears Prada - Watchower", there is no band, no music - o...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Search] Your Service is Becoming Unusable due to Weird Music Defaults

When I try and play Baby Shark...of course I only want the Russian version to work! Even though I live in America! When I want to play Christmas carols, the ONLY version I ever want to hear is Michael Buble or some off brand instrumental! This servic...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try and play Baby Shark...of course I only want the Russian version to work! Even though I live in America!   When I want to play Christmas carols, the ONLY version I ever want to hear ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I Cannot Find Myself By Searching My Artist Name

Hi, my name is Par. I've been posting music to Spotify since 2016 and I have 212 followers on Spotify with ~260 monthly listeners. I also have 1.1K followers on instagram who do keep in touch with me and my music. I know that's not much, but I've had...

• ...e and my music. I know that's not much, but I've had playlist placements and garnered plenty of streams. Yet, my fans and I cannot search up my name on Spotify even if they tried. The "easiest" o...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • google
    Search
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Search] Playlist Search Feature Broken / Inconsistent

Hi, I've found the playlist search feature to be broken. For example, if I'm searching from within another person's account for a playlist that I've created, I am very unlikely to find it. Even when searching in the exact terms in "quotes" it still d...

• ...hen searching in the exact terms in "quotes" it still does not come up. I know the playlist is public; that's not the problem. I have spoken with someone in Spotify support about this issue and they r...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Search] Search engine problems

The Spotify search engine really falls short of the rest of the app. Sometimes a song that is on Spotify doesn’t show up at all. For instance, “Believe” by Bruno Mali kid wouldn’t show up at all when I typed Believe. Not one of the results showed was...

• Visitor
  • The Spotify search engine really falls short of the rest of the app. Sometimes a song that is on Spotify doesn’t show up at all. For instance, “Believe” by Bruno Mali kid wouldn’t show up at all w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Search] im blind and my help program doesnt work with spotify

hello i have an assistant who helps me at the pc with diffrent things and the program i use to write on the pc is called JAWS and this program doesnt allow my assistant to write in the search bar and i have to close JAWS this is a problem because som...

• Gig Goer
  • hello i have an assistant who helps me at the pc with diffrent things and the program i use to write on the pc is called JAWS and this program doesnt allow my assistant to write in the search bar a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Search] Merge different artists that are actually the same person

There are a bunch of Chinese artists who have various albums/songs, some of which are displayed in traditional Chinese and some are in simplified Chinese, which makes there two different artist pages that actually point to the same artist. For instan...

• Casual Listener
  • There are a bunch of Chinese artists who have various albums/songs, some of which are displayed in traditional Chinese and some are in simplified Chinese, which makes there two different artist pages...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Xbox] View Albums

Please, please, please bring back the albums view in the app. I need to be able to see all of my albums, by album (not song by song), not just the albums I've liked. If you don't bring back the albums view sometime soon, I'm going to have to bail, be...

• Regular
  • Please, please, please bring back the albums view in the app.  I need to be able to see all of my albums, by album (not song by song), not just the albums I've liked.  If you don't bring ba...
  • G-Ray
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Search] Why can't I find this song on Spotify, nor its album?

I don't remember how, but I have this bonus track from Madcon in my "Liked" playlist. But I can't open the album of the song by tapping on the "go to album" because the songs are gray (except this one) and can't be played. So strange and annoying. An...

• ...ne) and can't be played. So strange and annoying. And I can't find this song when searching. What's more, I can't find any songs in this album called "Contakt". How is this possible? Is it my f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[All Platforms][Search] Improve searching on album and title, it does not always work

This issue applies to:Spotify client search fieldSearch API query Searching on album and title, e.g. artist:abba album:gold does not always work.This example is taken web API reference which does work. But if we want to search for the album BAUM - Ic...

• This issue applies to: Spotify client search field Search API query   Searching on album and title, e.g.  artist:abba album:gold   does not always work. This example is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's Search Feature is Subpar

Spotify, please update your search feature. Improve the verbatim search functionality. This afternoon, I was trying to search the name of a podcast. I couldn't find it. I then tried to search the legal name of an artist who goes by an unrelated stage...

• Spotify, please update your search feature. Improve the verbatim search functionality.   This afternoon, I was trying to search the name of a podcast. I couldn't find it. I then tried to search...
  • 0 replies
  • 23 likes
  • All Platforms
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 23 likes

More metadata could prevent new releases from disappearing into nirvana

Thank you for publishing lots of new releases. But if you look at some examples from the classical genre, e.g. :Bach: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 von Johann Sebastian Bachit is almost worthless for friends of this music not having complete metadata ...

• Casual Listener
  • Thank you for publishing lots of new releases. But if you look at some examples from the classical genre, e.g. : Bach: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 von Johann Sebastian Bach it is almost worthless ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Load a song

Should be able to load a song you know, maybe interrupt a playlist etc. To solace it on there

• Should be able to load a song you know, maybe interrupt a playlist etc. To solace it on there
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PS4 App Tweaks I'd like to see ...

1 - Some artists have a LOT of albums. When I'm searching through to the 20th LP, have a listen to some tracks, then exit back to the albums of the artist it puts me back at the beginning of the album lists - quite frustrating.2 - There's no way to a...

• 1 - Some artists have a LOT of albums. When I'm searching through to the 20th LP, have a listen to some tracks, then exit back to the albums of the artist it puts me back at the beginning of the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad UX on Smart TV app on LG

Hi,One of the reasons for buying a Smart-TV was the capability to connect to the web, watch videos and listen to music. I installed the Spotify app from the LG TV-app store and was very disappointed with what I got. I cannot brows radio stations or p...

• Visitor
  • Hi, One of the reasons for buying a Smart-TV was the capability to connect to the web, watch videos and listen to music. I installed the Spotify app from the LG TV-app store and was very disappointe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • LG
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Metadata] Make release year of tracks available

Problem:I would like to play the pop songs of the 80's. There query using the spotify client would look like this:year:1980-1989 genre:pop I won't find Eddy Grants' Electric Avenue, released in 1982, because the original album "Killer on the Rampage"...

• Regular
  • Problem: I would like to play the pop songs of the 80's.   There query using the spotify client would look like this: year:1980-1989 genre:pop   I won't find Eddy Grants' Electric Ave...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Search] Dubious Search Results

It's frustrating to have to resort to searching within a search. As an example, try searching for the song "Cream" by Soul Ballet; no results. Yet, when you scroll down the Soul Ballet artist results, you find the song on a related album under the "A...

• It's frustrating to have to resort to searching within a search. As an example, try searching for the song "Cream" by Soul Ballet; no results. Yet, when you scroll down the Soul Ballet artist r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes