Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Topics with Label: Linux

Labels

Forum Posts

My playlist is not coming up when searched by name

I created a new playlist in our profile and when I search for it by the exact title it doesn't show up. I also tried searching for it with the first word only and it still does not come up. The playlist is called HardDrive Underground under our profi...

• Regular
  • superheart-4
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Release an RPM Package or instruction on the download portal to install client

PlanFree/PremiumDevicePCOperating SystemFedora, GNU/Linux My Question or IssueOn the download portal of your website is a way to install the spotify-client on debian based distributions. I'm missing an official way to install the spotify-client on rp...

• Plan Free/Premium Device PC Operating System Fedora, GNU/Linux   My Question or Issue On the download portal of your website is a way to install the spotify-client on debian based d...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Fedora
    Linux
    RPM
    Suse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are the good functions being removed?

The radio funtion is where I want to start this little rant. You got rid of the radio. Then you added a "playlist radio" function that was horribly broken. It would have the same song listed 3 times out of 15 songs total? And even worse, I would set ...

• Music Fan
  • The radio funtion is where I want to start this little rant. You got rid of the radio. Then you added a "playlist radio" function that was horribly broken. It would have the same song listed 3 times ...
  • rfieldy
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Everything except rap!

I want a staion to play a wide selection of music.I want to hear selections from every gender EXCEPT Rap ( Any song that is all or has sections of monotone chanting ). I am also not a fan of music that was generated by a rythym machine. The sation sh...

• Casual Listener
  • I want a staion to play a wide selection of music. I want to hear selections from every gender EXCEPT Rap ( Any song that is all or has sections of monotone chanting ).  I am also not a fan of ...
  • jaimogoff
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Login with email instead of username

Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when I fill my email it always failed to login. What is that mean? I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey I need to login using my email instead of the generated username when I register using email. In the login screen of the desktop apps, the input says: Username or Email, but when&n...
  • FrostburnSpirit
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

is a Libspotify alternative? any updates or anything.

I normally wouldn't complain on a forum, but you guys been saying a Libspotify alternative was going to happen, also the main reason I am upset you never post an update about it. I wouldn't mind the web api, but it can only play 30 seconds preview. L...

• Regular
  • I normally wouldn't complain on a forum, but you guys been saying a Libspotify alternative was going to happen, also the main reason I am upset you never post an update about it. I wouldn't mind...
  • stratosnn
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Spotify in Firefox Doesn't work

Everytime I open spotify web player in firefox I get a pink bar along the top that says, "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback." I have tried reloading, disableing addons, updating adobe flash, installing an opensource of flash, I have also...

• Music Fan
  • Everytime I open spotify web player in firefox I get a pink bar along the top that says, "Oooops, something went wrong with the playback." I have tried reloading, disableing addons, updating adobe fl...
  • Bewildered
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Web Player won't work on Firefox for Linux

I'm back again with another frustrating issue. Spotify is really spotty, and the lack of official support is starting to wear thin. I am trying to listen to music on my CentOS 7 64 bit machine. When I try on Firefox 57.0.1 it exhibits the same behavi...

• Music Fan
  • I'm back again with another frustrating issue. Spotify is really spotty, and the lack of official support is starting to wear thin.   I am trying to listen to music on my CentOS 7 64 bit machi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Web Player Not Working with Mozilla on Linux

When trying to play the web player for firefox on a linux, it is saying the following: "Firefox is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page. Please try again later" I updated to a version of firefox that says is suitable. ...

• Regular
  • When trying to play the web player for firefox on a linux, it is saying the following:   "Firefox is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page.  Please try a...
  • æµ
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

Well, I've been working on the workaround suggested by various posts with limited success, but I think this may be the ticket until they get the gremlins figured out. Setup where I had the problem: Firefox (also Chromium) on Linux LiteI login using F...

• Roadie
  • ...ad the problem: Firefox (also Chromium) on Linux Lite I login using Facebook.   Workarounds: Firefox User-Agent Switcher [OR] Chrome User-Agent Switcher set to Microsoft Edge   See a...
  • jcaps
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes

QUEUE management still sucks, after how many years?

I want to echo the original post: "make it work like Rdio’s did" What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management? I'll go years back and reiterate that:1) there should be a way to "play next"2) an "album," a "playlist" and a "song" ...

• Gig Goer
  • I want to echo the original post: "make it work like Rdio’s did"   What, we're five years in and no improvements in queue management?   I'll go years back and reiterate that: 1) there ...
  • Machiventa858
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiroom

I've got spotify premium and I'm using spotify connect to cast audio from an android phone to a google chromecast audio I also regularly listen from my desktop. If spotify would allow me to stream the same audio to my chromecast audio and desktop pla...

• I've got spotify premium and I'm using spotify connect to cast audio from an android phone to a google chromecast audio   I also regularly listen from my desktop.   If spotify would all...
  • aroscasumber
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 46 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 46 likes

NOT WORKING ON CHROMEBOOK

Please fix this. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this. My music will not play anymore on my chromebook. I press play and nothing then if I go out of it and come back it says "oops something went wrong with the playback-reload". I've reloaded...

• Regular
  • Please fix this. I know I'm not the only one dealing with this. My music will not play anymore on my chromebook. I press play and nothing then if I go out of it and come back it says "oops something ...
  • tintilux
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Musique grisée

Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon ordinateur de chez moi pas de souci je peux écouter celle-ci. ...

• Bonjour,   J'ai un problème avec certaines musiques que j'ai importées avec mon PC, je m'explique il y a un moment j'ai dl plusieurs musque de Youtube que j'ai importé dans spotify avec mon or...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Web Player on Chromium ( Linux ) doesn't play songs

Hi ! I got chromium on my xubuntu 15.04 and, when I try listening to a song on open.spotify , song never starts and jumps to the next one and the next one too doesn't start , untill It gets to the last song. It's quite hard to explain.Example : I wri...

• Hi ! I got chromium on my xubuntu 15.04 and, when I try listening to a song on open.spotify , song never starts and jumps to the next one and the next one too doesn't start , untill It gets to the la...
  • bernado82
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution unable to use firefox on linux for web play now

Hi there, I was using firefox web player to listen and now I get the message across the top of the page "firefox is installing components needed to play the audio and video on this page, Please try later" and whn I click play on a playlist I get take...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I was using firefox web player to listen and now I get the message across the top of the page "firefox is installing components needed to play the audio and video on this page, Ple...
  • Bluetonium42
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Beta player on Last.fm

Please see the site update thread on GetSatisfaction and send bug reports to that official support forum: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-beta-player

• Roadie
  • Please see the site update thread on GetSatisfaction and send bug reports to that official support forum:   https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-beta-player  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player won't load Genres & Moods due to CSP violation

I'm using the Spotify webplayer on Fedora, Chrome version 58. When I try to browse the 'Genres & Moods' Section, only the first 20 load. When I scroll down to load more, the spinner shows up and then nothing happens. Digging around with the Chrome De...

• I'm using the Spotify webplayer on Fedora, Chrome version 58.   When I try to browse the 'Genres & Moods' Section, only the first 20 load. When I scroll down to load more, the spinner show...
  • washtubs
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Block spotify for iptables

Hello I need to block spotify by iptables. Find these spotify ip ranges: - 78.31.8.0/21- 193.182.8.0/21- 194.68.28.0/22- 193.235.32.0/24- 193.235.203.0/24- 193.235.206.0/24 I have doubts with the rules to throw everything serious so the first for exa...

• Hello I need to block spotify by iptables. Find these spotify ip ranges:   - 78.31.8.0/21 - 193.182.8.0/21 - 194.68.28.0/22 - 193.235.32.0/24 - 193.235.203.0/24 - 193.235.206.0/24  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lowered bitrate from 320kbps to 256kbps on Premium

According to this page: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/ Premium quality is now 256kbps Ogg Vorbis, which seems to be a very recent change, it used to be 320kbps. Can you please clarify this? What is...

• Gig Goer
  • According to this page: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/What-bitrate-does-Spotify-use-for-streaming/   Premium quality is now 256kbps Ogg Vorbis, which seems to be a very recent ch...
  • HenrikStevn
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Web Player
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Audio Formats

According to Spotify's own support page, "Spotify uses 3 quality ratings for streaming, all in the Ogg Vorbis format." (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/what-bitrate-does-spotify-use-for-streaming/) Ogg Vorbis is a free au...

• Casual Listener
  • ...oes-spotify-use-for-streaming/)   Ogg Vorbis is a free audio format that should work by default in Firefox on Ubuntu Linux. However, when I try to use the Spotify Web Player, the songs will not p...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Linux
    Web Player
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes