Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back option to remove songs from playlist created for me

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back option to remove songs from playlist created for me

I like the playlists that Spotify creates for me, but often there are songs are artists that I never want to be included in any playlist.  I used to be able to choose to remove them or hide them but that option disappeared a while ago - I would like it back so the created playlists actually give me songs/artists I want

3 Replies

Hey @Lorilaii,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to share with you that this is already implemented in the app, as notified in this thread. Currently, you can find the dislike button just for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists on the desktop app.

On another note, you can find this button on the rest of the playlists made for you on the version app for mobiles. We located these 2 similar ideas:

Even though the status are set as Case Closed and Closed - Not Enough Votes, it doesn't mean the ideas have been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote to them in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

Lastly, we'd like to share with you our Idea Exchange Guidelines. When you post an idea, it's important to make sure if there’s already a similar idea, so you can just add your vote to it to show your support. This is to keep all feedback in one single place and help the idea you wish to support gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

That being said, we'd like to share with you that this is already implemented in the app, as notified in this thread. Currently, you can find the dislike button just for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists on the desktop app.
Why is this limited to only those 2 playlists instead of all of the playlists that Spotify creates for me? I rarely listen to those playlists because the songs are rarely anything I care to hear so I get frustrated and give up on them completely. How can I request that the option be added back for all playlists that Spotify creates for me?

On another note, you can find this button on the rest of the playlists made for you on the version app for mobiles. When will it be brought back for the Windows app for all playlists that Spotify creates for me?
We located these 2 similar ideas:
[Desktop][Browse] Hide album songs on the desktop app
this one only applies to albums and the mismatch of the hide song option between platforms so is not the same as my request for being able to hide songs in all of the playlists that Spotify creates for me.

[Desktop][Playlists] Return hide song button to user created playlists

this one only applies to user created playlists so is not the same as my request for being able to hide songs in all of the playlists that Spotify creates for me.
Even though the status are set as Case Closed and Closed - Not Enough Votes, it doesn't mean the ideas have been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote to them in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to them to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

Lastly, we'd like to share with you our Idea Exchange Guidelines. When you post an idea, it's important to make sure if there’s already a similar idea, so you can just add your vote to it to show your support. This is to keep all feedback in one single place and help the idea you wish to support gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.
I did search for similar ideas and could find none that matched the feedback I was providing regarding the inability to hide songs from all playlists that Spotify creates for me

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Hey @Lorilaii,

Thanks for your reply and for all your comments.

Currently, as mentioned above, only the Hide button is available for the Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists on the desktop app. We understand what you're mentioning, and we think it's a great idea too! So, in this case, you're free to post a new idea, but it'd be important that you highlight how your idea is different from the existing ones.

On another note, we'd like to add that the second idea we found implies all the playlists created for you (e.g. Daily mixes, Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and more), so we suggest you show your support for that one so the feedback reaches the right folks quicker. But, no worries, if that is not close to the idea you have in mind, you can post a new idea, but always taking into account our Idea Exchange Guidelines.

Your feedback is important to us; we understand you want to make the best out of your listening experience, and we appreciate the time you took to write to us.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts